News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Improving I-540 at Fort Smith

Started by US71, January 07, 2013, 10:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakra

Are there still any plans to renumber the exits?
Or was that apocryphal, and the exits will remain, north to south, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14?
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

US71

Quote from: yakra on May 30, 2014, 08:49:35 PM
Are there still any plans to renumber the exits?
Or was that apocryphal, and the exits will remain, north to south, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14?

Exits will remain the same. N-S. The Hwy Dept changed their minds when they designated I-49.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

AHTD

Since I-540 has returned to being a spur, the exit numbering begins at the parent Interstate (I-40). As we have discussed previously, the log miles begin at the state line and proceed north. We are in the process of re-logging I-40 to match the southern progression of the spur.
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

AHTD

GREAT news!

We have reached substantial completion of this project. Northbound lanes fully opened today. Southbound lanes to open next week following a deck patching operation on the Arkansas River bridge we changeordered into the contract.

Still a few items remain on the punchlist, but it's safe to say I-540 in Arkansas is the SMOOTHEST ride in the state!

Congratulations to AHTD District 04 Construction Engineer Jason Hughey and his entire crew for a job well done!

News release here:
http://www.arkansashighways.com/news/2014/NR%2014-156.pdf
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

Grzrd

Quote from: US71 on November 16, 2014, 04:18:31 PM
Quote from: bugo on November 15, 2014, 11:50:26 AM
I-540 ends at the Oklahoma line but is unsigned west of US 271.
Even though there's an end sign at 271?
(above quote from I-49 in Arkansas thread)
Quote from: bugo on November 18, 2014, 03:01:29 PM
There's an exception:
(above quote from I-49 in Arkansas thread)

I'm not sure what an "exception" means.  AHTD has posted the Plans for a US 271 and I-540 rehabilitation project which indicates that I-540 begins east of the state line:

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

DJStephens

Quote from: M86 on January 16, 2014, 01:00:18 AM
Quote from: US71 on January 14, 2014, 11:19:18 PM
*UPDATE 1-13*

As the new signs are going up, the older signs are starting to come down, but not all signs have been upgraded, yet.

Have they abided by the MUTCD? 

Many signs on I-540 in NWA that have been "upgraded" to Clearview violate MUTCD with the abbreviations.

Ar, Reg, Nat, Med, Wash are not acceptable.

Sorry, I had to get my NWA rant in!  :)

What was the purpose of replacing those signs seen in the photos?  Seems like a prime example of public sector waste.   They were in near perfect shape!! 

dariusb

How is traffic flow on this section of I-540? Is it a pretty heavily traveled route?
It's a new day for a new beginning.

robbones

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.