News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Covid vaccination status?

Started by hbelkins, March 04, 2021, 09:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your covid vaccination status?

I have taken the first shot, but not yet taken the second one.
22 (16.4%)
I have taken both shots.
74 (55.2%)
I plan to take the one-dose shot when it's available in my area.
4 (3%)
My priority group is not yet eligible, but I plan to take it when I can.
16 (11.9%)
I have not had covid and I don't plan to take the shot at all.
14 (10.4%)
I've already had covid so I don't need to/don't plan to take the shot.
3 (2.2%)
I've already had covid but I do plan to take the shot.
7 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 134

hbelkins

Who has and who hasn't taken the covid shot, and who doesn't plan to take it at all?

I chose to make it three options for those who haven't taken it yet to register their choice for the one-dose or two-dose shot.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

US71

Quote from: hbelkins on March 04, 2021, 09:32:12 PM
Who has and who hasn't taken the covid shot, and who doesn't plan to take it at all?

I chose to make it three options for those who haven't taken it yet to register their choice for the one-dose or two-dose shot.

I'd prefer the single dose, but I'll take whatever I can find when my turn comes around.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Rothman

Not eligible for it yet.  Will get it when I am in a few months.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

1995hoo

I've registered and am waiting for an appointment and will take what I can get when the time comes.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Scott5114

Also not eligible for it yet, but hopefully will be soon. I am in the priority category after the current one due to my industry. I may end up getting it faster than someone in a comparable situation in another state because I think there are lots of Oklahomans turning it down.

I would prefer one of the two-dose shots, due to the higher efficacy rating of them, but if I am offered Johnson & Johnson I won't turn it down.

I have had covid, but still intend to get the shot simply to add another layer of protection against the new strains that have developed since I had it. I have heard recently that some studies show that previous covid experience + one dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine may be equivalent to two doses of Pfizer/Moderna in someone who has no prior covid experience.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

tolbs17

I'll take whatever's available. Simple as that.

oscar

Quote from: 1995hoo on March 04, 2021, 09:43:04 PM
I’ve registered and am waiting for an appointment and will take what I can get when the time comes.

Same here, similar registration system for the next county over from 1995hoo.

In Arlington, there are three vaccination centers, one of which is for the one-shot J&J vaccine and the other two for one or the other of the two-shot vaccines. I'm in an eligible group (not quite enough age, but with underlying conditions). Yesterday evening, after my county got some more vaccine, I was finally able to sign up for an appointment at one of the two-shot centers, Monday morning next week. Two-shot is my preference, I didn't check on the one-shot center before signing up with a two-shot center.

There's no poll option for "I plan to take a two-dose vaccine as soon as I can". I held off to cast a vote for the first poll option, once I got my first shot.

Nor is there a poll option for other people who have received the one-dose vaccine, so there is no way for them to be counted as having completed their vaccination except to pretend that they received both shots of the two-dose vaccine. Maybe change "I have taken both shots" to "I have completed my vaccination".

BTW, I got two non-COVID vaccinations, the same day in January. Two sore arms for a few days. I'm a freaking pincushion anyway, so two COVID shots rather than one is not a problem for me other than the inconvenience. But I was planning a shingles vaccine booster shot in about two weeks, which had to be rescheduled to mid-April to avoid interference with the COVID shots.

UPDATE: Just got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine this morning (3/8/21); so far, so good. Three weeks, at least, to get the second dose. For people opting for a two-dose vaccine (by choosing a vax center offering only two-dose vaccines), the county gets both Pfizer and Moderna from the state. Which one you get depends on which one the county got in its last shipment, so it's semi-random, and you aren't given a choice.

Also, today I got a scheduling ticket to get the vaccine from my health plan. I updated my medical record to show that I've started my vaccination elsewhere.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

jeffandnicole

Where's the "Eligible, but haven't registered yet"?

Scott5114

I edited the poll to allow users to change their response, since their vaccination status may change if this thread stays open a while..

kphoger

My choice is not in the list:  It depends.

I'm not eligible for the shot yet.  When I finally do become eligible, it's possible that COVID will have already died down enough that I no longer think it's worth it to get vaccinated.  It all depends on how things play out.

If you had asked me two months ago, then my answer would have been a pretty confident YES.  But now I'm not so certain.

Also, it's quite likely my wife will be eligible before I am.  She operates a licensed home daycare, but relatives don't become at the same time providers do.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hbelkins

I think different states are using different priority criteria. Kentucky is using five levels: 1A, 1B, 1C, 2, and 3.

I'm in 1C. If not for underlying health conditions, I'd be in 2 for the rest of this year until I turn 60 in December. My age, group home residency status and occupation don't put me any higher. I'm 59, don't live in a nursing home, and am not in one of the professions considered "essential" or otherwise eligible for early vaccinations such as teachers.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

webny99

Remember back when we called Covid "coronavirus"? It was just about a year ago that coronavirus was rising to prominence in our lexicon.

I am obviously not eligible for the vaccine yet, but hopefully the distribution moves along as planned.

ClassicHasClass

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on March 04, 2021, 10:31:48 PM

I'm not eligible for the shot yet.  When I finally do become eligible, it's possible that COVID will have already died down enough that I no longer think it's worth it to get vaccinated.  It all depends on how things play out.

If you had asked me two months ago, then my answer would have been a pretty confident YES.  But now I'm not so certain.

I would encourage you to consider getting it anyway, even if it seems like cases are dying down in your area. The more people that get the shot, the faster it will die down.

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on March 04, 2021, 10:39:09 PM
Remember back when we called Covid "coronavirus"? It was just about a year ago that coronavirus was rising to prominence in our lexicon.

I've gotten regrettably used to the word COVID.  I still, however, prefer simply calling it "the virus".  Because that's still the only one anyone's talking about, so why bother using an ugly specific name for it?

Also, the virus itself is "coronavirus" and the sickness it causes "COVID".  They are different things.  Kind of like herpes/shingles.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 04, 2021, 10:45:56 PM

I would encourage you to consider getting it anyway, even if it seems like cases are dying down in your area. The more people that get the shot, the faster it will die down.

The thing is, I know people who had terrible side-effects from the vaccine–knocked out with COVID-like symptoms for a few days.
Male pronouns, please.

bm7

I don't plan on getting it. It's quite possible I've already been exposed to the virus since I work at an essential business and have contact with a lot of people every day, and I'm young enough that the chances of me getting seriously sick from it are very low. I know that for a lot of people the vaccine basically gives them a mild-to-moderate case of the virus you're trying to avoid anyway, so I don't see the point in getting it. Eventually the virus will either go away, or there will be more strains of it and being vaccinated against one strain won't do much good anyway.

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on March 04, 2021, 10:47:16 PM

The thing is, I know people who had terrible side-effects from the vaccine–knocked out with COVID-like symptoms for a few days.

Personally, even if I get the full covid symptoms that I had with the actual virus for a week, I am going to take the shot. Simply because if I do so  I know I am immune from it, and that means I can see my grandma again without worrying about giving it to her. Having covid sucked, but not having the vaccine would suck worse. (And, as bad as it is for some people, in my personal case, covid wasn't the most unpleasant disease I can remember having–strep throat still takes the prize for that.)

Ketchup99

These aren't terrible side effects, not even close. Unpleasant? Sure. But Covid symptoms like that aren't harmful on their own, and it will save lives.

I am not eligible, but I intend to line up for the shot whenever I can. I'd prefer the Pfizer and Moderna shots but I'll take J&J if I have to.

tolbs17

And AstraZeneca and Novavax when they become available?

webny99

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 04, 2021, 10:58:52 PM

Personally, even if I get the full covid symptoms that I had with the actual virus for a week, I am going to take the shot. Simply because if I do so  I know I am immune from it, and that means I can see my grandma again without worrying about giving it to her. Having covid sucked, but not having the vaccine would suck worse. (And, as bad as it is for some people, in my personal case, covid wasn't the most unpleasant disease I can remember having–strep throat still takes the prize for that.)

Also, it's likely that being vaccinated is going to become a requirement for certain things, many of which probably haven't even occurred to us yet. It almost certainly will be for international travel.

jakeroot

I have received both vaccines (Moderna) through the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority. First dose in early January, second in early February.

The first dose hit me harder by a huge margin. Apparently that's unusual. Second dose was some minor upper-arm aches, and only for an afternoon.

For those who think 25 is too early to be getting the vaccine: the vaccine that I received was only available to members of the Puyallup Tribe, and they have enough doses for the entire tribe.

Max Rockatansky

Given my wife had a confirmed case of COVID and I likely had it as well months prior I don't see it as a "need"  probably for conventional reasons.  I see vaccination (or lack thereof) as a potential road block to travel that I want to partake in.  To that end I'll take what I can get to remove the potential barrier before it has a chance to become an issue.  That said, I have zero inkling to wait in some sort of vaccination line for hours (I have almost no patience anymore) and would prefer to have an appointment set up with my employer or doctor at a future date. 

dlsterner

Well, if I were just 2½ years older, I would be eligible right now.  As it stands, I will easily be in the next phase (Phase 2) that Maryland opens up (hopefully soon), and I plan to get the vaccine as soon as practical.

US 89

I will get whatever vaccine I can get whenever I can.

Unfortunately, Georgia's vaccine rollout has been pathetic to say the least. Our vaccine distributed/vaccine given ratio is either in dead last or very close to it, and there seems to be a lot of finger pointing without any sort of real plan.

I was originally in phase 1b, which I was told was going to happen in the middle of February. That obviously has not happened. And with the latest update that moved teachers up to 1a, phases 1b and 1c are no longer even defined. So who the hell knows when I'll be able to get anything.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.