News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Christmas music on the radio

Started by roadman, November 30, 2018, 01:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon daly

I was surprised that in my online wanderings recently to see that Tertullian's name came up here instead of somewhere else. english_si is moving up the charts on my favourite poster's list.

abefroman329

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 13, 2018, 12:31:02 AM
Quote from: Tonytone on December 12, 2018, 12:13:59 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on December 12, 2018, 12:04:34 PM
I've never even heard of Snoopy's Christmas.  It must be pretty obnoxious to top that list, though.
Don't ever disrespect the peanuts!!! All classics with good stories. charles would be rolling in his grave, if he heard you say that.

iPhone
Peanuts was good for its time but the fact that it's still being rerun on comics pages keeps another currently-produced strip from getting the exposure they need. There's only so much room on the comics page.
I think you're overstating the number of comics in existence that are milquetoast enough to replace Peanuts in the comic section of major newspapers without generating complaints about a) the removal of Peanuts and/or b) the comic that would take its place. 

US71

Quote from: abefroman329 on December 13, 2018, 09:13:51 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on December 13, 2018, 12:31:02 AM
Quote from: Tonytone on December 12, 2018, 12:13:59 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on December 12, 2018, 12:04:34 PM
I've never even heard of Snoopy's Christmas.  It must be pretty obnoxious to top that list, though.
Don't ever disrespect the peanuts!!! All classics with good stories. charles would be rolling in his grave, if he heard you say that.

iPhone
Peanuts was good for its time but the fact that it's still being rerun on comics pages keeps another currently-produced strip from getting the exposure they need. There's only so much room on the comics page.
I think you're overstating the number of comics in existence that are milquetoast enough to replace Peanuts in the comic section of major newspapers without generating complaints about a) the removal of Peanuts and/or b) the comic that would take its place. 

Newspapers will occasionally change the comics they publish &/or shrink them to fit more on a page. But with on-line comic publishers like Go Comics, there is practically no limit. In addition to "Classic" Peanuts, there is "Peanuts Begins".
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

roadman65

Speaking of Peanuts I just heard the Royal Guardsmen singing a song about Snoopy verses the Red Baron.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Big John

Quote from: roadman65 on December 13, 2018, 10:57:31 PM
Speaking of Peanuts I just heard the Royal Guardsmen singing a song about Snoopy verses the Red Baron.
Regular or Christmas version?

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

US71

golden eagle

A radio station here in Jackson is still playing Christmas music.

US71

SiriusXM Channel 782 is 24/7/ 365 Christmas Music

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.