News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Louisiana

Started by Alex, January 20, 2009, 12:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

codyg1985

Quote from: lamsalfl on March 18, 2013, 12:17:22 AM
Yes, the tabs are not on the overheads, but the gore point signs are there!  I'm not dreaming!  Maybe those signs are coming this week.

As part of a sign replacement project with all new Clearview signs, I'm guessing?
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

lamsalfl

Some of the signs have been replaced, but not all.

Ace10

Damn. I was just over there on Saturday. I would've taken some pics if I had known.

However, I did capture these on the way. I-10 is shown in a 3di shield, much like the 2dis shown as 3dis along I-20 near Dallas/Fort Worth in Texas.

These are on I-10 eastbound, west of the interchange with I-610.

brownpelican

Quote from: lamsalfl on March 16, 2013, 12:45:29 AM
The Pontchartrain Expressway in New Orleans from the CCC to I-10 now has exit numbers.

11A - Tchoupitoulas St./S. Peters St. (riverbound)
11C - Tchoupitoulas St. (lakebound)
12A - Camp St.  (lakebound)
12B - O'Keefe Ave. (lakebound)
12C - ???
12D - Carondelet St./St. Charles Ave. (riverbound)
13A-B US90B, Claiborne Ave. (riverbound)
13C - I-10 East Slidell (lakebound)

12C = Earhart Blvd/TO West US 90 Claiborne Avenue (Lakebound)

pctech

Those big yellow "Left Exit" tabs sure catch your attention!

froggie

That's the intention.

brownpelican

Looks like the lights are going back on for the Crescent City Connection. The Regional Planning Board passed a resolution to turn the lights on, which could happen as early as tomorrow night. It calls for The Young Leadership Card (who originally raised money for the spans back in the late 80s) to pay the costs through the end of June and surplus toll money pay the costs for the rest of the year.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Special-meeting-to-be-held-to-discuss--200033731.html

pctech

Shouldn't the left and center lanes on the I-610 East Slidell BGS be marked  as exit only? (yellow box with black arrows)

Mark

brownpelican

No, because of the left exit tabs. Plus, the overwhelming majority of the people who drive the stretch know the lane configurations.

pctech

A few observations from the weekend:

New I-10 markers in Baton Rouge construction area do not display state name. Essen lane and east bound Bluebonnet exits now double lane exits, (aka Caltrans  style) BGS at exit has double arrows, the far right being an exit only. The approach signs however only show the far right exit only lane.(shouldn't the indicate that the next lane in can exit also?)

I-10 in Kenner from end of 12 mile causeway to Williams Blvd. being planed for re-surfacing. (hopefully bad sections of concrete will be patched before new surface is installed.)

Construction thru Metarie seems to be progressing ok.

Mark

Darkchylde

Claiborne Avenue study looks at removing ramps but leaving elevated expressway

Well, there's some visuals in that article of the possible scenarios in what to do about the Claiborne viaduct portion of I-10 in New Orleans, one of which, sadly, is a complete teardown of the section.

pctech

I doubt anything will be done to the elevated I-10 section through downtown New Orleans as the money will never materialize. However consultants will make out well doing endless studies. Just like what's been done with the I-10/110 mess here in Baton Rouge.

Mark

Darkchylde

Quote from: pctech on April 05, 2013, 07:45:19 AM
I doubt anything will be done to the elevated I-10 section through downtown New Orleans as the money will never materialize. However consultants will make out well doing endless studies. Just like what's been done with the I-10/110 mess here in Baton Rouge.

Mark
I'm hoping that's the case, but... meh. In a week I'll be far from the mess.

lamsalfl

That viaduct is hideous.    Needs to be torn down and rebuilt to modern standards.   Either that or a complete test down, but the current road is a disaster. 

agentsteel53

Quote from: lamsalfl on April 05, 2013, 08:25:53 AM
That viaduct is hideous.    Needs to be torn down and rebuilt to modern standards.   Either that or a complete test down, but the current road is a disaster.

as long as these shields aren't destroyed in the process:

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

lamsalfl

froggie

It's an idea that keeps coming back from time to time.  In fact, I believe this is a continuation of the study that had begun back in 2010.

lamsalfl

Revive 755

Quote from: lamsalfl on April 05, 2013, 10:36:56 AM
Wrong road, agent

The complete teardown and reroute I-10 option would remove the I-610 shield, and I would bet that the I-10 shield would also be updated as long as the sign crew is there.

codyg1985

Quote from: Revive 755 on April 12, 2013, 08:53:36 PM
Quote from: lamsalfl on April 05, 2013, 10:36:56 AM
Wrong road, agent

The complete teardown and reroute I-10 option would remove the I-610 shield, and I would bet that the I-10 shield would also be updated as long as the sign crew is there.

Even if the Claiborne viaduct is rebuilt, I'm sure I-610 will be the detour route as they will have to shut down I-10 through there, so I'm sure those shields will go away when the detour route is signed.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

RPParish

Quote from: lamsalfl on April 12, 2013, 08:26:09 AM
St. John Parish residents zero in on different proposals for new I-10 interchange

http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2013/04/proposals_unveiled_for_i-10_in.html#incart_m-rpt-2

The route closer to Reserve is the better options being that its closer to the industrial areas.

No one is talking about the real issue though, the Bonnet Carre Spillway bridge. That thing is past due for an upgrade.

apjung

Quote from: RPParish on April 16, 2013, 05:14:28 PM
No one is talking about the real issue though, the Bonnet Carre Spillway bridge. That thing is past due for an upgrade.

Yes, it needs to be widened to 6 lanes and replace the antiquated guardrails to Jersey barrier guardrails.

pctech

I went to Jazz Fest in NOLA yesterday which took me through the 1-10 construction zone. Here are a couple observations.
I-10 from 12 mile causeway to Williams Blvd. (La 49) repaving is progressing well. Old pavement has been planed and overlay is down. ( wonder if they patched defects in underlying concrete). Construction from Veterans to Clearview is progressing, the drive through there wasn't too bad. You have a lane shift and it appears that some of the new pavement is in place.

Mark

UptownRoadGeek

Widening and sound wall addition for I-10 from Veterans west to Loyola Dr is now in the design phase.

Anthony_JK

Quote from: apjung on April 16, 2013, 11:11:03 PM
Quote from: RPParish on April 16, 2013, 05:14:28 PM

Yes, it needs to be widened to 6 lanes and replace the antiquated guardrails to Jersey barrier guardrails.

I actually think it should be more like 8 lanes (2x4) between I-55 and I-310...but 6 lanes will suffice for now.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.