News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Mispelled Words and Poor Grammar

Started by roadman65, February 14, 2013, 12:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I want to apologize for my bad word spelling and bad grammar that I often use on this forum.  I never was good at writing, and most of all organizing thoughts into the right words was never a strong suit of mine.  If I appear to be upset, I am not and most of all I am sorry for making you think that. 

I think most of you are great to converse with and have learned a lot about things with roads and highway.  Me myself, I have many memories of being around long before many of the current roads and projects were, so I have seen a lot.  Too bad I did not take pictures as a youngster, as I would have a lot to contribute.  However, if someone says they do not remember the way I described it or find it hard to believe it is fine, but have some respect please.  It is only a discussion and although we sometimes think this is a medium, it technically is not.  You have the right to correct me as I have the right to share my memories, if it is in the right place of course.

I want to thank those of you who were obvious to what I was implying, as for some reason the proper words do not often come to me as it made it easier.  For the rest of you who did not, I am sorry and I will try to do better in making myself more clear and to work on spelling, grammar, etc.  I respect and admire most of you all and hope you all are well and keep posting the news and events as it is helpful as I found out a new freeway opened near me thanks to this forum.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

djsinco

Roadman: I fully agree with you, although I am sometimes guilty of being a grammar Nazi. There are wonderful spell-checking features built in to Google Chrome browser (not sure about others because I stick to Chrome,) which can help if you want.

Aside from that, everyone needs to keep it light on any internet forum. We are all here because we share a common interest, and everyone has content to contribute. Take everything with a grain of salt, and enjoy it! There are lots of good people, and a few who are less good. Any one of us could be on either side of good on a given day. Don't hold a grudge, do your best, never hold back sharing something of interest, and let's all have fun discussing the topic.

That being said, there is irony to misspelling the word "misspell."
3 million miles and counting

formulanone

If it weren't for NEC, I would never remember to spell "necessary" correctly. I edit my posts as best as possible, because I tend to leave words out when typing (but not usually when writing nor speaking, oddly). And then I still leave things out or make much sense at times, as tough as it is for someone with a college degree to admit.

Nobody and nothing is perfect...that's how I see it. If perfection could be attained, it would not be worth holding.

theline

djsinco mentioned the spell check in Chrome. I use IE mostly, and I've loaded an add-on called ieSpell. I use it to catch the misspelled words, though I don't let it make the corrections. I found it does that poorly, at least on this site. Misspellings are rare for me, but that does nothing for the content. I could use a ghost writer.

agentsteel53

firefox underlines misspelled words with a red squiggle.

or words it does not know about.

like "formicine".

or "firefox".
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.