News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Unable to post with Mozilla Firefox ...

Started by cpzilliacus, March 01, 2013, 08:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

... started yesterday.  Site renders fine, but if I try to post, I get this error message in the Firefox error console:

Timestamp: 3/1/2013 8:51:14 AM
Warning: A form was submitted in the windows-1252 encoding which cannot encode all Unicode characters, so user input may get corrupted. To avoid this problem, the page should be changed so that the form is submitted in the UTF-8 encoding either by changing the encoding of the page itself to UTF-8 or by specifying accept-charset=utf-8 on the form element.
Source File: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=714.100#quickreply
Line: 0

Any ideas?  Comments appreciated (I am posting this with  Internet Exporer, which seems to work, though I really dislike using it).
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

oscar

I posted something about two hours ago with Firefox, as well as this post.  No problem with either.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Anthony_JK

I only use Firefox for posting, and I have no issues whatsoever.

You may want to contact Firefox support, or check if your plugins are up to date. Or, upgrade to the latest version, if you haven't.

It may also be a Windows issue as well....so do some troubleshooting there as well.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Anthony_JK on March 01, 2013, 09:35:56 AM

You may want to contact Firefox support, or check if your plugins are up to date. Or, upgrade to the latest version, if you haven't.

It may also be a Windows issue as well....so do some troubleshooting there as well.

I am running (ancient) Windows XP Professional. 

I changed the character encoding to Western (Windows-1252) and the seems to have made the  problem go away.  I have never touched that setting in any browser I have ever used in the past.

Very strange.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

cpzilliacus

1995hoo

Never had a problem using Firefox here. The only time I don't use it to view this site is if I'm reading it on my iPad or iPhone.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

agentsteel53

I have not had a problem - but I do note that posting volume is down this morning.  is it a nice day outside?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Takumi

Not here it isn't.

On topic, the few times I post via laptop here I use Firefox, and have never had any problems with it.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

rickmastfan67

cpzilliacus, what version of Firefox are you using?

I'm personally making this post from Firefox 20 Beta 2 using the quick reply with no problems (from Windows 7 x64).  Are you having any problems using the normal "reply", or just the "quick reply"?

Big John

I am using XP and Firefox 19.0 and have no problems.

Scott5114

Quote from: cpzilliacus on March 01, 2013, 10:31:09 AM
Quote from: Anthony_JK on March 01, 2013, 09:35:56 AM

I am running (ancient) Windows XP Professional. 

I changed the character encoding to Western (Windows-1252) and the seems to have made the  problem go away.  I have never touched that setting in any browser I have ever used in the past.

Try changing it to Unicode/UTF-8 and tell us what happens.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

JREwing78

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.