News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlam

Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 18, 2024, 10:03:17 AM
Quote from: jlam on April 18, 2024, 09:56:20 AM32 and snowing.

Similar here, although just light flurries that won't stick.

We had a couple of inches accumulate overnight, but the pavement was too warm for the roads to get too bad.

Ted$8roadFan

ZLoth

Nothing says "Good morning" then waking up to a Severe Thunderstorm Warning. The warning is for the northern half of the county that I live in, but because SAME codes operate at a county level, I get the warning even though I'm a half mile away from the southern border.

Today's weather is predicted to be very active.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Ted$8roadFan

JayhawkCO

Looks like we got about 2" of snow overnight.

kkt

kkt

Well, that was over quickly.  I had my storm windows open to air out the house on such a nice day.  A front came through and blew one of the storm windows right off its hinges, to crash on the rocks a floor below.  Glass shattered.  Frame of storm window might be saveable.  Now in the 50s and fully overcase.

Genghixiani

Currently in low 60s and will be up to 81 on Saturday.
I am trying my best. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ET21

Have an active pattern ahead starting Thursday with multiple severe days possible. May end up going chasing on either Sat or Sun pending how things evolve for downstate Illinois.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Ted$8roadFan

LilianaUwU

It is April 24 and there is snow on the ground in front of my house.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

ZLoth

Tomorrow will be the calm before a series of thunderstorms comes into North Texas.

And I can expect plenty of comments about "I have Texas", "I miss California", and "I want to move back to California" from my mother.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Ted$8roadFan

jakeroot

Warm/hot and humid with no relief in sight. Low 80s for highs, lows in the mid-70s. Humidity around 60 to 80 percent. Thunderstorms almost everyday.

CtrlAltDel

Rain, rain, and more rain. It's been storming all day. I kind of like it.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Ted$8roadFan

jgb191

Haven't done this in quite a while, but just wanted to see how my table looks like in this new-look.

Yesterday's actual high temperature (last day of April) was slightly above normal by a few degrees, but the lows were significantly above normal by several degrees.  Mostly cloudy to overcast conditions prevalent with breezy winds of 20+ MPH along the Padre Island.

April 30, 2024:
                                    ACTUAL                              AVERAGE
BROWNSVILLE:        92 high; 78 low                    90 high; 72 low
CORPUS CHRISTI:    91 high; 76 low                    88 high; 71 low
LAREDO:                 98 high; 78 low                    94 high; 68 low
MCALLEN:               94 high; 77 low                    92 high; 71 low

And factoring in the dew points in the low to mid 70s, the resulting overnight heat index hovered right around 80 degrees all across South Texas, while the afternoon heat index ranged between 105 and 110 degrees.  All that inflow of moisture from the Gulf of Mexico could fire off some scattered thunderstorms and with the breezy conditions, especially aloft, these storms could also maintain itself for hours at a time.  But fortunately, the lack of dry air will practically eliminate any chance of tornadic activity.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Flint1979

About 75° and sunny currently just outside of Flint, Michigan. Sitting in Chick-fil-A's parking lot

Ted$8roadFan

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.