News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

America the Mostly Beautiful

Started by cpzilliacus, December 26, 2012, 09:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrossCountryRoads

My opinion is that the US isn't necessarily overpopulated, but it gives off that illusion since we have a society which has driven most businesses, and therefore job opportunities, to the big cities.  If you were in NYC or LA, and never saw the rest of the country, you might think that the US is overpopulated.  But the real problem is that we have too much population clustered around the big cities I think.

kphoger

But, in my experience, small town folks would prefer that everybody not come flocking to them.  I like the diversity in America.  I think it's vital that we have truly rural and truly urban areas.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

CrossCountryRoads

Quote from: kphoger on January 30, 2013, 10:47:49 AM
But, in my experience, small town folks would prefer that everybody not come flocking to them.  I like the diversity in America.  I think it's vital that we have truly rural and truly urban areas.

Yeah I understand what you mean about the small town folks.  I agree; I like the diversity of the country, but I would also like to see some rural areas begin to turn into thriving mid-sized towns too.  I think it would be cool to see part of it happening in our lifetime, you know?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.