News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

U.S. 17 Hampstead Bypass in NC

Started by Strider, June 29, 2017, 12:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob7374

The Military Cutoff Extension opened this week from Market Street to NC 140. Don't know if it is signed as NC 417 as it's supposed to be when the northern part of the Hampstead Bypass is opened:
https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2023/2023-09-29-ncdot-now.aspx

74/171FAN

Quote from: bob7374 on September 29, 2023, 05:21:39 PM
The Military Cutoff Extension opened this week from Market Street to NC 140. Don't know if it is signed as NC 417 as it's supposed to be when the northern part of the Hampstead Bypass is opened:
https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2023/2023-09-29-ncdot-now.aspx

It is based on rickmastfan67's post on the Travel Mapping Forum.

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on September 29, 2023, 02:19:52 AM
Route is now open.

https://www.wect.com/2023/09/28/monumental-day-military-cutoff-road-extension-open-drivers-after-more-than-ten-years-planning-construction/

Video @ that link confirms route number as NC-417.  Shield is shown @ the 1:45 mark.

So, only thing left to confirm is the exit number on NC-140.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

The Ghostbuster

The Military Cutoff Rd. extension is shown as completed on Google Maps, but it is not marked as NC 417 or any other designation besides its street name.

NE2

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on September 29, 2023, 07:43:36 PM
The Military Cutoff Rd. extension is shown as completed on Google Maps, but it is not marked as NC 417 or any other designation besides its street name.
We already know it's signed as NC 417. Why is it useful in any way to mention that the Goog doesn't show it as such?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

rickmastfan67

If anybody checks this out, please find out the exit number for it on NC-140.  That's the only thing we need to put this in TM.  :cool:

bob7374

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on September 30, 2023, 09:05:40 PM
If anybody checks this out, please find out the exit number for it on NC-140.  That's the only thing we need to put this in TM.  :cool:
According to the sign plans I have for the Hampstead Bypass project:

rickmastfan67

Quote from: bob7374 on September 30, 2023, 09:32:19 PM
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on September 30, 2023, 09:05:40 PM
According to the sign plans I have for the Hampstead Bypass project:

Had a feeling that it would be '23', but we've seen NCDOT randomly change numbers before. :-D  That's why I hope in-field proof will show up sooner or later.

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: NE2 on September 29, 2023, 09:53:25 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on September 29, 2023, 07:43:36 PM
We already know it's signed as NC 417. Why is it useful in any way to mention that the Goog doesn't show it as such?

I guess Google maps is still the more popular online map despite competition from OpenStreetMap, Bing Maps, Apple Maps, Mapquest, etc...

The Ghostbuster

I prefer Google Maps due to the Google Street View option. Google Maps may jump-the-gun, and not update their satellite view as often as I would like, but I find the Street View option to be second to none.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.