News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Denton TX: US 380 (University Dr) recent modifications

Started by Brian556, October 14, 2013, 11:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

Google satellite and streetview has updated to show the change. I had no idea that this had already been done. I was very surprised that they made the improvements in such a "jerry-rigged" fashion. This is no the usual for TxDOT. Normally they would completely reconstruct the roadway with all new comcrete in order to increase capacity.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=33.229631,-97.15343&spn=0.001593,0.00313&t=h&z=19

Road Hog

Quote from: Brian556 on October 14, 2013, 11:55:04 PM
Google satellite and streetview has updated to show the change. I had no idea that this had already been done. I was very surprised that they made the improvements in such a "jerry-rigged" fashion. This is no the usual for TxDOT. Normally they would completely reconstruct the roadway with all new comcrete in order to increase capacity.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=33.229631,-97.15343&spn=0.001593,0.00313&t=h&z=19

TxDOT did something along those lines in west McKinney, along US 380 between Lake Forest and Custer Road. They just laid a curb along the shoulder, kept the original asphalt in the original lanes and turned the shoulder into a third lane each way.

bassoon1986

It's pretty weird. The worst is heading west when you leave the median at Cornell St. The lanes shift a good bit and if you don't immediately move left, you're straddling the rightmost and center lanes.

I also wish they would reduce the eastbound 380 two turning lanes to NB Bonnie Brae St. back to one turning lane. As it is now with the updates, the 3 lanes reduce to 2 crossing Bonnie Brae, then the third one returns. It's like the "added" lanes didn't help that intersection at all.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.