News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hello from the MA/NH border!

Started by sibelle-marie, March 28, 2017, 04:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sibelle-marie

Hi folks!
My name is Sibelle and I'm pretty interested in highway/road signs. I live just outside of Lowell, MA, and I've traveled from here as far south as DC and as far north as New Brunswick.  Joined mostly to learn about fonts used on these signs (especially old MA fonts!) and to learn more in general about highway facts!
Thanks for adding me!

Sibelle
- Sibelle

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

hotdogPi

Welcome from Methuen, MA! You seem to be the second-closest person to me on this forum (MVHighways, currently inactive, lives in Dracut).
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

02 Park Ave

C-o-H

noelbotevera

Welcome from Southern Pennsylvania! I'm currently the youngest active member in the forum (Windfarmer seems to have gone inactive).

7/8

Welcome from Kitchener-Waterloo, ON!

SignGeek101

Welcome from far away Winnipeg!

There are a few font experts here. I just know the difference between Helvetica, Highway Gothic, and Clearview mainly  :-D

kphoger

Welcome from Kansas.  Yes, there are those on here who know a lot more than I do about road sign fonts.  You've come to the right place.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

slorydn1

Welcome from warm and rainy eastern North Carolina!
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

froggie

Quote from: SignGeek101There are a few font experts here. I just know the difference between Helvetica, Highway Gothic, and Clearview mainly

Indeed.  They don't post often, but there's both sammi and MikeTheActuary who are pretty knowledgeable with sign fonts.

adventurernumber1

Welcome from Georgia! It is interesting to know that you, along with 1 and possibly a few others, live along the MA/NH Border. I have been to Boston and Martha's Vineyard, but I would love to explore elsewhere in New England, including your neck of the woods.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.