News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Goggle Earth car

Started by allniter89, June 11, 2018, 09:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allniter89

We saw the Google Earth car in Crestview, FL today. Maybe they'll be coming to your town next. I wanted to talk to them or at least take a photo but it poured rain all morning.
I'm wondering how they feel about people stopping by to say hello & checking out their equipment.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

cbeach40

Don't know about any specific drivers, but somewhat related here's an article where they spoke with a former driver to hear a bit about the inside of that job:
http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2334-the-5-weirdest-things-i-saw-driving-google-street-view.html
and waterrrrrrr!

jeffandnicole

Over at a large UPS Depot in South Philly, one of the workers there must've been a driver of a GSV as it was parked there nearly every weekday.  The cameras were covered but otherwise the car was in full view.

Roadsguy

I've never gotten a good look at it, but I caught a glimpse of what I thought might have been it while it was passing between two buildings off in the distance. They indeed released updated Street View of the area, including that street, but I'm clearly not there where I was standing at the time, so they either made another pass later that was used instead, or I just saw something else.
Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

ErmineNotyours

A few years ago, I saw the Google Car regularly parked at the police department.  Seems to be the safest place to park.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.