News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

City-Fans?

Started by BigMattFromTexas, July 01, 2009, 07:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMattFromTexas

I know this sounds kinda weird but anyone on this forum a city-fan? What i mean by "City-fan" is anyone good with city names, locations, facts, etc.?  Cause I am.  Anyone?

City

I am, of course! *shows username*

Alps

Maybe.  (I was in the Geography Bee long ago... never made it past states.)

Chris

yeah, I know every major town in the US. I doubt many other Europeans can point out places like Lamar, CO Hereford, TX Boise City, OK, Tupelo, MS or Clovis, NM

When I was in grade school, I always got A's on geography as the only one in class. That continued on high school.

By the way, geographic knowledge of most teenagers here is catastrophically bad.

mightyace

Quote from: Chris on July 02, 2009, 03:17:14 AM
yeah, I know every major town in the US. I doubt many other Europeans can point out places like Lamar, CO Hereford, TX Boise City, OK, Tupelo, MS or Clovis, NM

When I was in grade school, I always got A's on geography as the only one in class. That continued on high school.

By the way, geographic knowledge of most teenagers here is catastrophically bad.

It's not any better over here.  :banghead:
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

tmthyvs

Quote from: AlpsROADS on July 01, 2009, 10:20:27 PM

So was I...in Canada. Came within a tiebreaker of making it to nationals, and I've never forgotten Australia since.

yanksfan6129

Quote from: AlpsROADS on July 01, 2009, 10:20:27 PM

Same here! I do love geography, and I certainly would consider myself a "city-fan."

Ian

I almost made it into the geography bee. Only one question wrong and they penalize you for life  :banghead:

City-fan? Absolutely not. I am a rural mountain and sometimes beach dude. City is too much traffic and people. Sorry, I go for rural  :D

Ian
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

mightyace

Quote from: PennDOTFan on July 03, 2009, 09:44:01 AM
City-fan? Absolutely not. I am a rural mountain and sometimes beach dude. City is too much traffic and people. Sorry, I go for rural  :D

I'm about the same.  That's why I live over 30 miles outside of Nashville.  :spin:
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

BigMattFromTexas

im not sure what a better name would be - city entusiast :-D

florida

City fan here, too. Always liked looking at all the places and wonder what it's like to live there. Hyphenated places intrigue me.
So many roads...so little time.

SSOWorld

Interesting how I put it... Sure I like driving for the road - but then again - I'm ok with mass-transit to get into a city - especially when the freeway is tied up with snarled traffic (assuming you can anticipate it ;) ), and I do admire the skyline as much as the road - even from a nearby location within downtown.

Ok, so I'm a city fan.

(Doesn't help the fact that I watched fireworks in a large city this weekend :P )

NOTE: Don't get me wrong - I'll sit in traffic too :P
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

golden eagle

I love cities. Jackson's not that big of a city, but I have lived in Atlanta and San Diego before.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.