News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Purple Text/Colorblind Users

Started by Molandfreak, February 09, 2015, 09:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

The ideal solution to this would be to use a <span class="mod-note"> HTML tag around mod text, so that users could set their browser to make it whatever color they desire.

That being said, the choice of purple was somewhat arbitrary; I just picked it because I had seen it used that way on another forum and liked it. If it's decided that it has to be changed, though, it needs to be limited to one of the named HTML colors, because I doubt all of the moderators are going to want to memorize a hex triplet. Of the options presented above, I'm partial to teal for personal reasons, although I wonder how much contrast it would have with the light green post backgrounds. Red would be a poor choice for that reason, since red-green colorblindness is the most common form.

This may be a non-issue altogether, though. I can't think of many situations in which it would be unsafe to simply assume that a moderator's post is purple and act accordingly. It's more of a convenience to make clear in some situations that a moderator is, in fact, exercising their moderation authority.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

tolbs17

The purple text is more visible when you have dark mode on!

1st one is the Dark Reader extension on my PC and the 2nd one is dark mode on Samsung Internet.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.