News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Turning off Reply Notifications

Started by kernals12, February 13, 2021, 10:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kernals12

I'm getting annoyed by how threads that I commented on once keep clogging up my notifications. Can I turn that off?

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

kernals12

Quote from: 1 on February 13, 2021, 10:17:48 AM
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=notification;u=15090 (this link only works for kernals12)

See the three checkboxes at the top? Turn them off.

That's weird, it says I'm not getting notifications for any topic, that's news to me.

Alps

is this one clogging up your notifications

Alps

Alps

1995hoo

Open the thread in question that's bugging you. Look all the way at the top or the bottom to see if it says "Notify" or "Unnotify" (this is on the green band that says "Reply Notify Mark Unread Send This Topic Print"). If it says "Unnotify," click or tap that and it should solve the problem.

I obviously don't know whether you ever use Tapatalk to access the forum, but if you do, take note that when you reply to a thread, that app will automatically subscribe you. In the app, there is an icon that looks like a bookmark at the top right corner when you view the thread. If the icon is solid, it means you're subscribed (tap it to unsubscribe); if the icon is an outline, it means you're unsubscribed. I mention this because this Tapatalk "feature" can be unexpected and annoying.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kernals12

Quote from: 1995hoo on February 13, 2021, 11:11:12 AM
Open the thread in question that's bugging you. Look all the way at the top or the bottom to see if it says "Notify" or "Unnotify" (this is on the green band that says "Reply Notify Mark Unread Send This Topic Print"). If it says "Unnotify," click or tap that and it should solve the problem.

I obviously don't know whether you ever use Tapatalk to access the forum, but if you do, take note that when you reply to a thread, that app will automatically subscribe you. In the app, there is an icon that looks like a bookmark at the top right corner when you view the thread. If the icon is solid, it means you're subscribed (tap it to unsubscribe); if the icon is an outline, it means you're unsubscribed. I mention this because this Tapatalk "feature" can be unexpected and annoying.

I don't use tapatalk (I don't think I do). And the threads that give me notifications all say "notify".

1995hoo

Quote from: kernals12 on February 13, 2021, 11:12:54 AM
Quote from: 1995hoo on February 13, 2021, 11:11:12 AM

I don't use tapatalk (I don't think I do). And the threads that give me notifications all say "notify".

You'd know if you use Tapatalk. It's a mobile app that gives the forum a streamlined interface. If you're posting through a browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Brave, etc.), you aren't [/color][/size]. I usually access the forum via a browser, but I use Tapatalk when I want to post photos because the app will host the photo for me. That's how I discovered the annoying "feature" I just mentioned–I was wondering why I was getting notifications I didn't think I'd requested and I figured out that the thing the threads had in common was that I'd used Tapatalk to post to them.

If they all say "Notify," then I don't know what's causing it. Sorry.

US 89

Do you mean the "show new replies to your posts" button at the top? If so:

1) those aren't notifications
2) there is nothing you can do about it

kernals12

Quote from: US 89 on February 13, 2021, 11:16:21 AM

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

1995hoo

Quote from: kernals12 on February 13, 2021, 11:18:42 AM
Quote from: US 89 on February 13, 2021, 11:16:21 AM

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

I misunderstood which feature you meant (I've never used the "Show new replies to your posts" feature). Sorry for any confusion my reply might have caused you.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.