Meta > Suggestions and Questions

Suggestion for Regional Boards

<< < (2/26) > >>

JoePCool14:
I think at this point, most people are pretty accustomed to which boards are which, but I wouldn't be opposed to some clarification in the board descriptions. Also, I had to double check that western New York was apart of the "Midwest - Great Lakes" board. I don't think I have ever seen an NY thread there. That should be axed.

I do fully support pinning the "x-state Notes" threads on the boards so they are always easy to find right on top.

BlueOutback7:
The only regional board I'd change is Pacific Southwest, which should just be called "California" Most of the posts are related to California and this includes the general "California" catch all thread. Nevada would go to Mountain West and Hawaii could go with Alaska. I also agree that the state threads should all be pinned. In the Southeast board, it never made sense to me that the general "Georgia" thread is pinned, but the others aren't.

hbelkins:
This gets mentioned occasionally, and the consensus is generally to just leave things the way they are.

The thing that bugs me about the Ohio Valley board is how so much stuff from Ohio and Indiana gets posted in the wrong region.

Everything about Columbus and Indianapolis belongs in the Ohio Valley section, not the Great Lakes section. I'm not wrong. Simple water drainage factors are the proof.

NWI_Irish96:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on March 04, 2022, 01:35:05 PM ---This gets mentioned occasionally, and the consensus is generally to just leave things the way they are.

The thing that bugs me about the Ohio Valley board is how so much stuff from Ohio and Indiana gets posted in the wrong region.

Everything about Columbus and Indianapolis belongs in the Ohio Valley section, not the Great Lakes section. I'm not wrong. Simple water drainage factors are the proof.

--- End quote ---

If we went strictly by water drainage, the Ohio Valley section would get within a few miles of South Bend, and nobody would consider that area to be part of the Ohio Valley.

ran4sh:
I think that when originally implementing the regional boards, the states should have been grouped by US Census designation (South Atlantic is FL-GA-SC-NC-VA-WV-DC-MD-DE, West South Central is TX-LA-AR-OK, etc) although some regions could have been given different names. (Reference https://www2.census.gov/geo/pdfs/maps-data/maps/reference/us_regdiv.pdf )

They don't necessarily need to be changed now, but certain minor changes could be made for the areas where users are posting in the "wrong" board such as discussed above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version