News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Need photos: US 218 truncated in Owatonna, MN

Started by usends, November 30, 2012, 02:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

^ Yes.  Reassurance shield departing the US 14/SD 25 intersection.  I recall it from my 2005 trip, and 2011 GMSV still shows it standing.

Mdcastle

For those of  you keeping score at home, they've moved the sign again with the recent reconstruction. It's now on the far end of the railroad overpass.

usends

Quote from: Mdcastle on July 06, 2019, 10:53:13 PM
For those of  you keeping score at home, they've moved the sign again with the recent reconstruction. It's now on the far end of the railroad overpass.
Yes, this must have happened in late 2018.  Street View shows the premature End sign was still posted as of Oct. 2018, but I received a report in Jan. 2019 that it had been changed.
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

I94RoadRunner

US 218 has an end shield now near the gore point for the ramp to northbound I-35, so has been extended to meet I-35 now.
Chris Kalina

“The easiest solution to fixing the I-238 problem is to redefine I-580 as I-38

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: I94RoadRunner on August 31, 2022, 01:35:05 AM
US 218 has an end shield now near the gore point for the ramp to northbound I-35, so has been extended to meet I-35 now.

It always ended at I-35. MnDOT had erroneous signage up for a few years that they were slow to correct (and may have even erroneously replaced an error with another error) after the new 14 was built west of I-35.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.