News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Arkansas' First Diverging Diamond Interchange

Started by AHTD, June 06, 2014, 10:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHTD

During its June meeting Wednesday, the Arkansas Highway Commission approved a Minute Order to enter into a partnering agreement with the city of Little Rock to reconstruct the I-430 interchange with Rodney Parham Road (Exit 8) as the state's first diverging diamond.

Copy of the full minute order with attachments is here:
http://www.arkansashighways.com/forums/ddi.pdf

Traffic model of the new configuration is here:

You read it HERE on AARoads Forum FIRST!

Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

M86

Quote from: AHTD on June 06, 2014, 10:04:51 PM
During its June meeting Wednesday, the Arkansas Highway Commission approved a Minute Order to enter into a partnering agreement with the city of Little Rock to reconstruct the I-430 interchange with Rodney Parham Road (Exit 8) as the state's first diverging diamond.

Copy of the full minute order with attachments is here:
http://www.arkansashighways.com/forums/ddi.pdf

Traffic model of the new configuration is here:

You read it HERE on AARoads Forum FIRST!

AHTD, I looked at that interchange on Google Steetview... I'm glad that AHTD is breaking out of its shell.

I'm a lighting nerd... and a lot of the poles look to be AHTD-style (within the interchange area).  I stand firm that AHTD should light interchanges/urban Interstates... And if AHTD is going with its Towards Zero Deaths campaign... Resisting changes to their lighting policy will not help.
Also, if AHTD is testing different interchanges in Little Rock, we in NWA welcome any modified interchanges.  A good deal of us in NWA are not from here... We want change!  SPUI & DDI = Good... Standard Diamond = Bad.

txstateends

Quote from: M86 on June 07, 2014, 02:31:18 AM
We want change!  SPUI & DDI = Good... Standard Diamond = Bad.

You forgot:
Unlit interchanges and urban interstates = bad

How's that?? :D
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

AHTD

Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

M86

Quote from: txstateends on June 07, 2014, 10:30:06 AM
Quote from: M86 on June 07, 2014, 02:31:18 AM
We want change!  SPUI & DDI = Good... Standard Diamond = Bad.

You forgot:
Unlit interchanges and urban interstates = bad

How's that?? :D

Fully agree!  I forgot that equation.

Also, AHTD, the link is only for subscribed members to that website.

bugo

AHTD loves to jump on the current fads of the day.  Clearview was one, and now the Death Diamond comes along.  I'll be glad when they tear this thing out when they are proven to be a failed experiment.

M86

Quote from: bugo on June 15, 2014, 11:03:46 AM
AHTD loves to jump on the current fads of the day.  Clearview was one, and now the Death Diamond comes along.  I'll be glad when they tear this thing out when they are proven to be a failed experiment.

AHTD likes to jump on the current fads?  LOL... I wish.

Clearview is fine... Diverging Diamonds are great... as long as the signage is adequate.

hbelkins

Has there been anywhere that a diverging diamond has been installed that it hasn't worked?

A few people have complained about the one in Lexington, Ky., but in general, the results have been good.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

US71

I'll take a "Death Diamond" over a "Circle Jerk" ;)

MB886

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bjrush

AHTD has never been an organization to follow trends. In fact their problems lie in antiquated operations if anything
Woo Pig Sooie

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.