Longest driving distance between two POIs using google maps (lower 48)

Started by relaxok, July 18, 2022, 12:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

relaxok

Just for fun - trying to determine the longest driving distance (while of course being the shortest result) that you can get between two POIs or addresses while staying in the lower 48 states.

Google Maps and Apple Maps differ but so far I can't get any longer than:

Cape Flattery Trailhead, Cape Loop Rd, Clallam Bay, WA
to
Ft. Zachary Taylor Historic Park (end of Angela St), Key West, FL

3646 miles (Google), 3687 miles (Apple)

This is a little tricky as you can't really be sure when things are slightly adjusted due to closures or maybe traffic etc.. (though maybe you can disable the latter?)

Anybody got longer?

Max Rockatansky

In 2015 I was between those two points during the same week. 

epzik8

One route between San Diego and Fort Kent, Maine on Google is just shy of 3,400 and one on Apple is 3,456, so while it's not longer there is numerology involved.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Mapmikey

Hoh Rain Forest Visitor Center, 18113 Upper Hoh Rd, Forks, WA 98331 to Key West shows 3,694 miles but if you force it to go via Sappho it drops to 3,661 miles.

The end of WA 542 on Mt Baker to Key West shows as 3,648 miles

Ted$8roadFan

ran4sh

Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on July 18, 2022, 07:23:57 AM
Does Waze count?

Waze has a limit of 1000 miles, so whether it can be used or not for this question is a moot point.
Control cities CAN be off the route! Control cities make NO sense if signs end before the city is reached!

Travel Mapping - Most Traveled: I-40, 20, 10, 5, 95 - Longest Clinched: I-20, 85, 24, 16, NJ Tpk mainline
Champions - UGA FB '21 '22 - Atlanta Braves '95 '21 - Atlanta MLS '18

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.