Quote from: vtk on August 16, 2014, 08:58:57 PM
Are we sure there's just the one?
There are no beaches in North Jersey.

signalman

Quote from: Alps on August 18, 2014, 12:52:26 AM
Quote from: vtk on August 16, 2014, 08:58:57 PM
Are we sure there's just the one?
There are no beaches in North Jersey.
There are beaches on lakes in North Jersey, none for the ocean though.  None of the lake beaches are nude though.

vtk

I've had an odd idea on this subject: when a state is split between boards, how about we try to make an "official" boundary that follows DOT district boundaries? I should hope the reason is obvious here. So for Ohio, maybe we could have 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 12 in Midwest / Great Lakes, while 5, 8, 9, 10, 11 are in Ohio Valley, for example.  (Or maybe throw 5 and 11 on M/GL, or throw 6 and 7 in OV, but in any case pick a plan and try to make it official.)

Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

codyg1985

Using vtk's suggestion, I would place Mississippi DOT's Districts 2 and 3 in the Mid-South, and the rest in the Southeast.

As for Tennessee, I would put Region 4 in the Mid-South, and the remainder in the Southeast.

Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

davewiecking

If I were posting something about eastern West Virginia, it would go in Mid-Atlantic. Something about central WV would go in Ohio Valley. Something about western WV-I guess I'd just keep it to myself...

Grzrd

Since northern Mississippi has been moved to Mid-South, it would be nice to have a Mississippi Message Icon as an option for posts relating to northern Mississippi.

bandit957

Official documents usually split the U.S. and A. into 9 regions:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/44/US_Census_geographical_region_map.png

If we have to redistrict the regional boards, that might be a good way to do it.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: 1 on March 21, 2015, 01:58:00 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on March 21, 2015, 12:11:21 PM
U.S. and A.

Is our country now called the "United States and America"?
That name sounds like some kind of sit-com.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

cjk374

Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

bugo

Quote from: 1 on March 21, 2015, 01:58:00 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on March 21, 2015, 12:11:21 PM
U.S. and A.

Is our country now called the "United States and America"?

Looks like somebody hasn't seen Da Ali G Show or the Borat movie.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.