News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Hockey

Started by BigMattFromTexas, March 15, 2010, 08:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on April 07, 2012, 09:04:31 PM
Quote from: signalman on April 07, 2012, 03:03:16 AM
All teams play today.  Last day of the 2011-12 season.  Every team plays another team in their conference except the New York Islanders and Columbus Blue Jackets.
Loser of that game should be relegated to the AHL.
Promote the Connecticut Whale?

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Steve on April 08, 2012, 12:47:39 AM
Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on April 07, 2012, 09:04:31 PM
Quote from: signalman on April 07, 2012, 03:03:16 AM
All teams play today.  Last day of the 2011-12 season.  Every team plays another team in their conference except the New York Islanders and Columbus Blue Jackets.
Loser of that game should be relegated to the AHL.
Promote the Connecticut Whale?

Instead of the Island?  Sure.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

1995hoo

In-stands entertainment behind our seats at the Caps game last night (that's my shoulder in the foreground as I surreptitiously filmed them with my phone's front-facing camera).

Clicking the image should play the video. This was during intermission....later during a TV timeout he was fondling her titties.

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

signalman

Damn, they need to get a room.  Public displays like that are rude and uncalled for.  On a side note, it seems like she has a nice body   :thumbsup:

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: 1995hoo on April 20, 2012, 10:16:05 AM
In-stands entertainment behind our seats at the Caps game last night (that's my shoulder in the foreground as I surreptitiously filmed them with my phone's front-facing camera).
This was during intermission....later during a TV timeout he was fondling her titties.

About 10 years ago or so, I was at a Phillies game with some friends (up in the 700 level of the old Veteran's Stadium) and one of them got a photo of some dude receiving a blowjob from his date.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Stephane Dumas

The LA Kings kicked out the Canucks out of the playoffs and now are against the St.Louis Blues, does the LA Kings might be the Cinderella team this year?

Roadmaestro95

Who knows!? Just like the Saint Louis Cards from the MLB Playoffs last year. I hope not for my team's sake...but if we can't get past the Caps or the Devils (we can beat the Flyers...undefeated during the season), then I'm rooting for LA
Hope everyone is safe!

Alps

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on May 06, 2012, 10:27:33 PM
Who knows!? Just like the Saint Louis Cards from the MLB Playoffs last year. I hope not for my team's sake...but if we can't get past the Caps or the Devils (we can beat the Flyers...undefeated during the season), then I'm rooting for LA
Careful what you wish for. I'd rather have faced the Flyers in Round 2 only because the Eastern matchups are fun, but the way the teams have been playing so far, all of the remaining teams are dangerous. (We'd better beat the Loose Bowels Craps.) If we do make the Cup, I'm getting a ticket by hook or by crook...

Roadmaestro95

Quote from: Steve on May 07, 2012, 08:17:34 PM
Careful what you wish for. I'd rather have faced the Flyers in Round 2 only because the Eastern matchups are fun, but the way the teams have been playing so far, all of the remaining teams are dangerous. (We'd better beat the Loose Bowels Craps.) If we do make the Cup, I'm getting a ticket by hook or by crook...
I agree...but the ways looking right now, I'm a bit worried trying to get past NJ. Yet, it's possible...but anything is at this point.
Hope everyone is safe!

Alps

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on May 07, 2012, 08:26:17 PM
I agree...but the ways looking right now, I'm a bit worried trying to get past NJ. Yet, it's possible...but anything is at this point.
If the Flyers come back from a 3-1 deficit against this NJ team, I'd be more worried about them.

Roadmaestro95

Quote from: Steve on May 07, 2012, 08:28:34 PM
Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on May 07, 2012, 08:26:17 PM
If the Flyers come back from a 3-1 deficit against this NJ team, I'd be more worried about them.
But they have not even beaten the Rangers once and their goalie sucks so...
But NJ only can score from their offensive line. Their defensive line doesn't really get the puck out well nor can score goals, unlike the Rangers. And Brodeur (however it's spelled) is not consistent either.
Hope everyone is safe!

Alps

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on May 07, 2012, 08:32:51 PM
But NJ only can score from their offensive line. Their defensive line doesn't really get the puck out well nor can score goals, unlike the Rangers. And Brodeur (however it's spelled) is not consistent either.
You weren't even alive last time the Rangers won the Cup... and probably not when the Devils won it the year after :P (And I think that was Brodeur, just to show how enduring he's been.) The Rangers have not looked overwhelming so far, so I'm not going to discount any of their opponents.

P.S. Does anyone have a spare $250-$500 to drop? I'd love to see a Stanley Cup game but at those prices I need some coercion.

Roadmaestro95

Quote from: Steve on May 07, 2012, 10:44:35 PM
You weren't even alive last time the Rangers won the Cup... and probably not when the Devils won it the year after :P (And I think that was Brodeur, just to show how enduring he's been.) The Rangers have not looked overwhelming so far, so I'm not going to discount any of their opponents.

P.S. Does anyone have a spare $250-$500 to drop? I'd love to see a Stanley Cup game but at those prices I need some coercion.
Only about a month before I came into this world the Devils won :P but my dad was/is a HUGE rangers fan so I got it from him. And Brodeur was the goalie and been there since 91 (I did my homework).
But I think from last night, they got damn lucky winning that game.
Hope everyone is safe!

Alps

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on May 08, 2012, 04:47:00 AM
Quote from: Steve on May 07, 2012, 10:44:35 PM

Only about a month before I came into this world the Devils won :P but my dad was/is a HUGE rangers fan so I got it from him. And Brodeur was the goalie and been there since 91 (I did my homework).
But I think from last night, they got damn lucky winning that game.
They were damn unlucky to be down 2-1. They had the pressure on the whole night. Should never have had to come down to a last-second power play, but the win was very well deserved. Until that point it was stinking of 2001 when the Yankees were outplayed in Games 1-6 of the World Series but finally, making it to Game 7, were outplaying the Dbacks and managed to lose with the best pitcher in baseball on the mound. (I blame Torre.)

Again - anyone wanna catch a Cup game?

Stephane Dumas

NY Rangers had beat the Capitals and will go against the NJ Devils while the LA Kings won the 1st game against the Phoenix Coyotes.

CanesFan27

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on May 14, 2012, 01:50:22 PM
NY Rangers had beat the Capitals and will go against the NJ Devils while the LA Kings won the 1st game against the Phoenix Coyotes.

You're kidding me...i didn't know that.  I thought the Montreal Maroons were facing the New York Americans.

Alps

Quote from: CanesFan27 on May 14, 2012, 03:09:30 PM
Quote from: Stephane Dumas on May 14, 2012, 01:50:22 PM

You're kidding me...i didn't know that.  I thought the Montreal Maroons were facing the New York Americans.
At least his news was accurate, even if most hockey fans knew it already. Snark unnecessary. Incidentally... I did not know the Kings/Coyotes series had started until I reread this. So there.

Stephane Dumas

The Kings eleminated the Coyotes in overtime at the 5th game. It's the 2nd time then the Kings will go to the Stanley cup finals.

Roadmaestro95

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on May 23, 2012, 07:15:46 AM
The Kings eleminated the Coyotes in overtime at the 5th game. It's the 2nd time then the Kings will go to the Stanley cup finals.
Depends on who wins the Eastern series if the Kings will win the cup. I congrat them, however, the Rangers will go all the way with the leadership of King Henrik, the brave shotblockers and damn good defenders McDonaugh, Callahan (they don't give him enough credit) and Girardi (who can whack a wicked slapper), and the rest of the crew and the new shining star Chris Kreider (Marty gets beat every time!)
Hope everyone is safe!

Alps

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on May 23, 2012, 04:28:15 PM
Quote from: Stephane Dumas on May 23, 2012, 07:15:46 AM
Depends on who wins the Eastern series if the Kings will win the cup. I congrat them, however, the Rangers will go all the way with the leadership of King Henrik, the brave shotblockers and damn good defenders McDonaugh, Callahan (they don't give him enough credit) and Girardi (who can whack a wicked slapper), and the rest of the crew and the new shining star Chris Kreider (Marty gets beat every time!)
Homerism unnecessary. Although I share your affiliation, trust me, either East team is more than good enough to beat the Kings. In fact, I'd put the Flyers or Penguins over the Kings. The 2011-12 Northeast division is the toughest I've ever seen in hockey.

Stephane Dumas

Stephane Dumas

Here a funny clip from Taiwanese people explaining the Stanley cup final.

Stephane Dumas

The Los Angeles Kings won the Stanley Cup for the 1st time of their history. :clap: :bigass:

BigMattFromTexas

Kings won.. Yawn.. Maybe next year a real team will win.. Ha
BigMatt

rawmustard

Quote from: BigMattFromTexas on June 12, 2012, 02:44:19 PM
Kings won.. Yawn.. Maybe next year a real team will win.. Ha
BigMatt

If beating the 1, 2, and 3 seeds in their conference in the same postseason (convincingly, I might add) doesn't make them a real team, I don't know what does.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.