News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Hockey

Started by BigMattFromTexas, March 15, 2010, 08:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Quote from: Pete from Boston on May 29, 2014, 11:27:00 PM

Quote from: Alps on May 29, 2014, 11:17:00 PM
For the first time in 20 years, the NY Rangers are in the Cup finals!

Which makes it at least 21 and counting for the $&@€Â£%# Knicks.
Nice touch on the pound and euro signs. I don't know whether you're frustrated or expressing hate - if the latter, why? Anyway, I stopped caring much about basketball after Ewing retired. Hasn't been a good team since, even the year they made the Eastern finals they weren't that good (Stoudamire drags them down). Football was my favorite for several years, now hockey has been on top for the last few.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: Alps on May 30, 2014, 12:05:43 AM
Quote from: Pete from Boston on May 29, 2014, 11:27:00 PM

Quote from: Alps on May 29, 2014, 11:17:00 PM
For the first time in 20 years, the NY Rangers are in the Cup finals!

Which makes it at least 21 and counting for the $&@€Â£%# Knicks.
Nice touch on the pound and euro signs. I don't know whether you're frustrated or expressing hate - if the latter, why? Anyway, I stopped caring much about basketball after Ewing retired. Hasn't been a good team since, even the year they made the Eastern finals they weren't that good (Stoudamire drags them down). Football was my favorite for several years, now hockey has been on top for the last few.

Oh, just frustration, and not enough to get very upset anymore.  94 was difficult to swallow with the Starks choke.  Would have been nice to pair a Knicks and a Rangers title that year.  The collective resignation over the Dolan Knicks reminds me of how folks had gotten to feel about Steinbrenner's Yankees before his suspension in the early 90s — it just became too hard to care very much.

Henry

Well, looks like a classic NY-LA championship match, and I believe the first such matchup in any sport since the Dodgers beat the Yankees in the 1981 World Series and started a 15-year pennant drought for the franchise in pinstripes (as well as its darkest era ever).

I'm so sad that the Blackhawks will not get to defend their title, but it was fun while it lasted. Good luck to both the Kings and Rangers! I hope LA wins.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

ET21

Quote from: Henry on June 02, 2014, 04:04:36 PM
Well, looks like a classic NY-LA championship match, and I believe the first such matchup in any sport since the Dodgers beat the Yankees in the 1981 World Series and started a 15-year pennant drought for the franchise in pinstripes (as well as its darkest era ever).

I'm so sad that the Blackhawks will not get to defend their title, but it was fun while it lasted. Good luck to both the Kings and Rangers! I hope LA wins.

I'm a West bias after Chicago gets eliminated, but I think it's time for King Lundqvist to finally get a Cup
Rangers in 7
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Henry

Good start for the Kings so far, as they come back from a two-goal deficit against the Rangers to win in double-overtime in back-to-back games! When was the last time that happened?

(LA up 2-0)
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

amroad17

Now the LA Kings are up 3 games to none over the NY Rangers with Monday night's victory.  Quick seems to be outplaying Lundqvist.
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

Henry

Looks like it's back to LA for Game 5, as the Rangers avoid the broom. Despite this, they still trail the Kings 3-1.

Stephane Dumas

Stephane Dumas

Time to do another bump with the new upcoming 2014-15 NHL season. The Kings will try to keep the Stanley cup title but the compeition will be still intense like the Blackhawks, Bruins, Ducks. Will a Canadian team bring back the cup in Canada? Some said then the Red Wings could miss the playoffs this year.

ET21

West Dominance will continue
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Stephane Dumas

Looks like the merger between ECHL and CHL is a done deal http://echl.com/echl-accepts-seven-new-members-p194005

Stephane Dumas

1995hoo

Happy New Year from Nationals Park!

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

broadhurst04

Quote from: 1995hoo on January 01, 2015, 06:49:58 PM

Happy New Year! Exciting finish, wasn't it? Hope you enjoyed the game.

1995hoo

Quote from: broadhurst04 on January 03, 2015, 08:34:45 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on January 01, 2015, 06:49:58 PM

Happy New Year! Exciting finish, wasn't it? Hope you enjoyed the game.

Insane finish. Loads of fun. It's the second Winter Classic I've attended and both were great experiences. There's something special about it outside. The colors are brighter, the colder air is refreshing, everyone's amped up.....yes, in the scheme of things statistically it's just another game, but in every sport there are some games (rivalry games in college football, etc.) that stand out on the schedule and this is certainly one of them.

Stephane Dumas

The Gwinnet Gladiators of the ECHL did a tribute to the Atlanta Flames (1972-1980 then the Flames moved to Calgary)
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/echl-team-honors-atlanta-flames-with-new-alternate-jerseys/

rickmastfan67

cpzilliacus

Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

1995hoo

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on February 17, 2015, 10:58:32 PM
Ovie sucks!

Those clowns in Pittsburgh couldn't seem to stop him from getting a goal and an assist last night. No penalties, either, despite the trolls' efforts to start crap.

Alps

Ovie sucks!
I'd say he swallows too, but this is a family-friendly forum, so I won't.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: 1995hoo on February 18, 2015, 01:53:37 PM
Ovie sucks!

Those clowns in Pittsburgh couldn't seem to stop him from getting a goal and an assist last night. No penalties, either, despite the trolls' efforts to start crap.

He should have, at minimum, a double minor for that lumberjack slash on Letang.  That was completely uncalled for.

1995hoo

I don't know about that. Here's the text of Rule 61.1. It's clear the puck was in the area. As the rule is written, the refs had discretion to conclude he was trying to play the puck.

QuoteSlashing–Slashing is the act of a player swinging his stick at an opponent, whether contact is made or not. Non-aggressive stick contact to the pant or front of the shin pads, should not be penalized as slashing. Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an opponent's body, the opponent's stick, or on or near the opponent's hands that, in the judgment of the Referee, is not an attempt to play the puck, shall be penalized as slashing.

Just because NBC's people want to cry and bleat about their chosen team not being given special treatment doesn't make it a penalty.

Alps

Quote from: 1995hoo on February 19, 2015, 07:49:17 AM
I don't know about that. Here's the text of Rule 61.1. It's clear the puck was in the area. As the rule is written, the refs had discretion to conclude he was trying to play the puck.

QuoteSlashing–Slashing is the act of a player swinging his stick at an opponent, whether contact is made or not. Non-aggressive stick contact to the pant or front of the shin pads, should not be penalized as slashing. Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an opponent's body, the opponent's stick, or on or near the opponent's hands that, in the judgment of the Referee, is not an attempt to play the puck, shall be penalized as slashing.

Just because NBC's people want to cry and bleat about their chosen team not being given special treatment doesn't make it a penalty.
Merely given the fact that you're from VA, I'm assuming you're a Craps fan and therefore wrong.

1995hoo

Quote from: Alps on February 20, 2015, 12:52:57 AM
Quote from: 1995hoo on February 19, 2015, 07:49:17 AM

Merely given the fact that you're from VA, I'm assuming you're a Craps fan and therefore wrong.

Don't know what gambling has to do with this discussion.

Desert Man

The Ducks clinched the postseason! (YES!) First place in the Pacific. Just today, the Ducks began to sell the 2014-15 postseason tickets...expect them to sell out FAST. Meanwhile, the Stanley cup champs L.A. Kings are trying to reach the postseason. They have 2 weeks left...and look for another Cal ice hockey rivalry to heat up.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Anaheim-Ducks-NHL-Stanley-Cup-Playoffs-Tickets-297997851.html
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.