News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Hockey

Started by BigMattFromTexas, March 15, 2010, 08:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: ilpt4u on May 20, 2019, 09:26:43 PM
Quote from: Henry on May 20, 2019, 09:24:48 AM
What do you know, the Blues are one win away from their first Cup final since 1970! :)
That they are...

Question is, will they get the job done, or choke on it? They are the Blues, after all

Let's hope they'll get the job done. If the Washington Capitals menaged to get the Cup last year, why not the Blues? And who knows, after St. Louis, Buffalo and Vancouver might have their turn as well.

jp the roadgeek

Bruins vs Blues.  Bring it on!! 
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Stephane Dumas

I guess that meme is relevant for the Stanley Cup finals. ;)
https://twitter.com/vpmattsaxe/status/1131029724401164292

ET21

Not sure who I should cheer for... division rival or Marchand....... Blues fans, just chant 17 seconds as a jeer, Boston will remember  :biggrin: :biggrin:
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

MantyMadTown

Quote from: ET21 on May 23, 2019, 10:08:26 AM
Not sure who I should cheer for... division rival or Marchand....... Blues fans, just chant 17 seconds as a jeer, Boston will remember  :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm not really a fan of any team, but I'm cheering for the Blues. If Boston wins they'll have the Red Sox, Patriots, and Bruins all winning in the same 2018-19 season.
Forget the I-41 haters

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: ET21 on May 23, 2019, 10:08:26 AM

Co-dey Par-key  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Quote from: MantyMadTown on May 24, 2019, 12:34:06 AM
I'm not really a fan of any team, but I'm cheering for the Blues. If Boston wins they'll have the Red Sox, Patriots, and Bruins all winning in the same 2018-19 season.

And that's a bad thing?  It's been over 100 days since the last championship parade.  Bostonians are getting antsy.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on May 24, 2019, 01:40:59 PM

And that's a bad thing?  It's been over 100 days since the last championship parade.  Bostonians are getting antsy.

If that could cheer you up, Knicks fans still wait for a first championship since 1973 and Leafs fan since 1967.

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on May 24, 2019, 03:58:10 PM
Quote from: jp the roadgeek on May 24, 2019, 01:40:59 PM

If that could cheer you up, Knicks fans still wait for a first championship since 1973 and Leafs fan since 1967.

Indians, Browns, Lions, Bills, Chargers, Oilers/Texans, and football Cardinals fans say "Hi" :wave:

MantyMadTown

Quote from: MantyMadTown on May 24, 2019, 12:34:06 AM

[/quote]

Ha. I suppose you know that means they're spoiled, right?
Forget the I-41 haters

1995hoo

Down Goes Brown had an interesting tweet about determining the "last-place" playoff team and he theorizes that it's the team that loses to a team that then loses to a team that loses to a team that loses in the Stanley Cup Finals. (That is: The "last-place" team loses in the first round. The team to which they lose then loses in the second round. The team that wins that second-round series loses in turn in the conference finals, and the team that wins the conference finals then loses in the Stanley Cup Finals.)

This year, those two teams could be Pittsburgh (lost to NYI, who lost to CAR, who lost to BOS) and Calgary (lost to COL, who lost to SJS, who lost to STL).

Let's Go Blues. :bigass:
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Henry

Normally, as a Windy City native, I hate the teams that play 300 miles away on I-55 South, but I'd love to see the Blues win their first Stanley Cup!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Stephane Dumas

Boston won the 1st game but the Blues menaged to win the 2nd game in overtime. :)

The Gloria song craze then the Blues use started in Philadelphia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NWyFgMCgbc

Henry

Before last night, the Blues had lost 13 Cup Final games in a row, and they were swept in all three of their previous appearances (by the Canadiens in 1968 and 1969, and the Bruins in 1970).
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Stephane Dumas

There's one article who talk about Boston championship drought...  https://www.nbcsports.com/video/stanley-cup-final-boston-fans-hope-bruins-end-113-day-championship-drought

No offense to Boston, but some others teams desserve to end their own drought. https://www.thedelite.com/longest-sports-championship-droughts-of-all-time/ 
And besides, let's take a look to Cleveland who celebrated a well desserved championship when the Cavaliers won their 1st title in 2016 as shown in that video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwVg99Bat2s

Edit: A detail come to my mind, the New England Revolution didn't won a MLS Cup championship yet. Some called them the Buffalo Bills of the MLS.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/15/sports/soccer/robert-kraft-revolution.html

ET21

Nahhh, give the Bruins one more  :popcorn:
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: ET21 on June 03, 2019, 09:43:56 AM
Nahhh, give the Bruins one more  :popcorn:

:-(  I taked St. Louis side, they desserved a Stanley Cup championship after all these years, it's the last team of the 1967 expansion who didn't won the cup yet followed by the Buffalo Sabres and the Vancouver Canucks who arrived in the NHL in 1970. Then, the San Jose Sharks, current Ottawa Senators, Florida Panthers, Nashville Predators, Minnesota Wild, Winnipeg Jets (current incarnation), Arizona/Phoenix Coyotes, Vegas Golden Knights. (The Flames who beginned in 1972 in Atlanta and moved to Calgary in 1980 won in 1989. Kansas City Scouts moved to became the Colorado Rockies and finally the New Jersey Devils, the California/Oakland Seals became the Cleveland Barons and was amalgated with the North Stars in 1978 and moved later to Dallas who won it in 1999).

Edit: Come to think of it, maybe we should ask the Canadian rapper Drake to wear a Boston Bruins jacket. Some said the Leafs lost because Drake weared a Maple Leafs jacket.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/did-the-infamous-drake-curse-strike-the-toronto-maple-leafs-1.4386984

QuoteDrake was present when Conor McGregor lost his title to Khabib Nurmagomedov last year, and at the 2015 U.S. Open that saw Serena Williams lose to Roberta Vinci — not to mention his attendance at many of the Toronto Raptors' more embarrassing playoff defeats... three years straight against Cleveland.

His reputation has become a byword on social media: the so-called "˜Drake curse,' which is so well known that the Italian soccer club AS Roma has banned its players from taking photos with the rapper.

There was other stories who involved Drake in others sports.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-7096273/Anthony-Joshua-tweeted-beat-Drake-curse-shock-defeat-Andy-Ruiz-Jr.html
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9205507/drake-curse-victims-anthony-joshua/

But others blamed Sixers Mike Scott with a jinx or curse of his own.
https://brobible.com/sports/article/mike-scott-sixers-drake-curse-nhl/

roadman

Well, a Blues win would spare us Boston commuters the sheer agony of having to deal with another stupid victory parade.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Stephane Dumas

Here a video featuring Bobby Plager, Bernie Federko, Brett Hull, Alex Pietrangelo et Chris Pronger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWtmcIEjDhM

Stephane Dumas

Henry

Who would've guessed that the same team that lost 13 games in a row in the championship round is now one win away from its very first Stanley Cup?! And best of all, they get to close it out on their home ice on Sunday night!

Rothman

It ain't over yet. :D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

roadman

Quote from: Rothman on June 07, 2019, 10:42:32 AM

The series will go to seven games.  If Boston wins, the obligatory ego fest - excuse me - victory parade will actually be held on a weekend for once.  If Boston loses, we won't have to deal with the nonsense of having a parade at all.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: Henry on June 07, 2019, 10:24:20 AM
Who would've guessed that the same team that lost 13 games in a row in the championship round is now one win away from its very first Stanley Cup?! And best of all, they get to close it out on their home ice on Sunday night!

If so, make sure the refs from last night get a spot on one of the parade floats.

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: roadman on June 07, 2019, 11:07:09 AM
Quote from: Rothman on June 07, 2019, 10:42:32 AM

The series will go to seven games.  If Boston wins, the obligatory ego fest - excuse me - victory parade will actually be held on a weekend for once.  If Boston loses, we won't have to deal with the nonsense of having a parade at all.

I hope not,  I'd like to see a victory parade near the Gateway Arch and going on Market and Broadway Streets. :)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.