News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hockey

Started by BigMattFromTexas, March 15, 2010, 08:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAHighways

Alps

Dougtone

CanesFan27

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Alps

CanesFan27

If you are Caps or an Ovechkin fan, some photos from the Canes/Caps game here in Raleigh on Wednesday night.  Most of them are from the Caps warm-ups.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15530177@N05/sets/72157625474542028/

PAHighways

Quote from: CanesFan27 on November 26, 2010, 06:14:19 PMIf you are Caps or an Ovechkin fan, some photos from the Canes/Caps game here in Raleigh on Wednesday night.  Most of them are from the Caps warm-ups.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15530177@N05/sets/72157625474542028/

BOOOOOOO, CAPS AND OVIE! and BOOOOOOO, STILL NOT ROADS!

CanesFan27

Some low-level minor league hockey.  Fayetteville FireAntz vs. Knoxville Ice Bears from Thanksgiving

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15530177@N05/sets/72157625352405331/

CanesFan27

PAHighways

Dougtone

CanesFan27

This time a hockey roadtrip - went with Billy Riddle and Seth Dunn to watch the Canes take on the Predators.

Photos from Nashville's 5-2 win Saturday night over the Hurricanes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15530177@N05/sets/72157625419934855/

mightyace

^^^

I can believe we won.  I find it incredible that we actually scored 5 goals!  :-o  (I went a week earlier and watched them lose in a shootout to the rangers 2-1.)

High scoring has never been a trademark of the Predators under their only coach Barry Trotz.  We never made it past the first round of the playoffs on the years we made it.

It's time to give Mr. Trotz the boot!
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

BigMattFromTexas

Anyone wanna talk mess about Fleury now? 12 in a row..
BigMatt

golden eagle

I saw where Michigan and Michigan State played a hockey game at Michigan Stadium and set a record for the most people ever to attend a hockey game. NBC has been scoring big hits with outdoor hockey games on New Years Day. Do any of you think having outdoor hockey games will help grow the sport or should it just be an indoor sport with occasional outdoor games?

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: golden eagle on December 12, 2010, 11:57:59 PM
I saw where Michigan and Michigan State played a hockey game at Michigan Stadium and set a record for the most people ever to attend a hockey game. NBC has been scoring big hits with outdoor hockey games on New Years Day. Do any of you think having outdoor hockey games will help grow the sport or should it just be an indoor sport with occasional outdoor games?

Hard to say, having some outdoor hockey games might help at some occasions but it might a big challenge to try that in Phoenix or Los Angeles. Then maybe some variants like Rollerhockey might fit with outdoor games as well.

Mr_Northside

It should probably just be an indoor sport with occasional outdoor games... At least on the pro level.
The fact the Winter Classic is once a year (on New Years' Day no less) adds to the appeal.  A bunch of outdoor games, and the appeal for any given one of them would decline.
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

CanesFan27

BigMatt...do you know about the 1992-93 Pens?

BigMattFromTexas

Yeah, 17.. And they had Lemieux....
BigMatt

PAHighways

Quote from: golden eagle on December 12, 2010, 11:57:59 PMDo any of you think having outdoor hockey games will help grow the sport or should it just be an indoor sport with occasional outdoor games?

I think it helps the sport, and it has a nostalgic appeal since hockey basically began outdoors.  Also it helps NBC since they don't have any bowl games to broadcast, they can counter program all of the [Your Name Here] Bowls which personally I don't care to watch.

CanesFan27

No...BigMatt...do you know what happened to the 1992-93 Pens?

BigMattFromTexas

A lot happened, so idk what you're referring to.. Btw, I haven't been a hockey fan for very long, so yeah..
BigMatt

CanesFan27

Two words...David Volek

rickmastfan67

Got ticked off at Ticketmaster today.  Was trying to get 1 ticket to the Alumni Winter Classic game that they are holding on the 31st.  They didn't start selling them on their website till 5 mintues AFTER they were suppose to go on sale (10AM).  By then, they were all ******* sold out! :banghead: :verymad:  I litterly had NO CHANCE at getting just one (what I've read is that people in NYC had access right away and snapped up a lot of the tickets)!!  Then I see people on EBAY who got 4 or more tickets wanting $500 per ticket!!  And the freaking tickets only cost $25 originally.... :verymad:  Really ticked off.....  :banghead: :verymad: :banghead: :verymad: :banghead:

[/RANT]

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.