Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

2021 Supply Disruptions

<< < (65/77) > >>

Bruce:
That might just be the one chain.

From what I've seen over the past week at a few Safeways, Fred Meyers (aka Krogers), and Grocery Outlets in the Seattle area, the only consistent shortages are in energy drinks and cheese for some reason.

hbelkins:
I haven't noted a cheese shortage around here, but I have noted a price increase. The same pack of sliced mild cheddar I bought for $2 on Oct. 9 cost $2.19 one week later. I didn't major in math, but that adds up to a price increase of nearly 10 percent.

vdeane:
I was grocery shopping last night and the frozen foods section was completely decimated.  My usual brand was completely unavailable and the other brands were sparse, with many products being out and the remainder being low.  If this keeps up, I'm not sure how I'm going to get dinner... while I do have a couple things I'll cook occasionally, it's hard living on your own as you have to use up family-sized products (like sour cream, shredded cheese, etc.) before they go bad, which means you need to make a bunch of meals using them all at once... and with the current product shortages combined with the looming Thanksgiving/Christmas travel season, I'm not confident on that front.  Plus I'm not that good with cooking to begin with.  It's far, far more complicated, both from a food preparation perspective and from the perspective of getting the grocery shopping done in the first place.  So much to keep track of.  At least with my current system, I can say "I'll buy X, Y, and Z", and barring travel disruptions (and the odd week where I have to go grocery shopping twice, because I'm synced up with cartons of eggs rather than week days), it never varies.

1:
I have noticed absolutely no disruptions at all the last few months.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: vdeane on October 21, 2021, 12:59:22 PM ---I was grocery shopping last night and the frozen foods section was completely decimated.  My usual brand was completely unavailable and the other brands were sparse, with many products being out and the remainder being low.  If this keeps up, I'm not sure how I'm going to get dinner... while I do have a couple things I'll cook occasionally, it's hard living on your own as you have to use up family-sized products (like sour cream, shredded cheese, etc.) before they go bad, which means you need to make a bunch of meals using them all at once... and with the current product shortages combined with the looming Thanksgiving/Christmas travel season, I'm not confident on that front.  Plus I'm not that good with cooking to begin with.  It's far, far more complicated, both from a food preparation perspective and from the perspective of getting the grocery shopping done in the first place.  So much to keep track of.  At least with my current system, I can say "I'll buy X, Y, and Z", and barring travel disruptions (and the odd week where I have to go grocery shopping twice, because I'm synced up with cartons of eggs rather than week days), it never varies.

--- End quote ---

Hm.  Frozen food section at Wegman's was packed full on Tuesday night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version