Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

2021 Supply Disruptions

<< < (2/77) > >>

webny99:
Yes, supply chain disruptions are popping up seemingly in every industry.

I'm surprised we made it this far without mentioning the elephant in the room, er.. ship in the canal, rather.

jeffandnicole:

--- Quote from: GaryV on April 13, 2021, 08:40:30 AM ---...But why some weeks is nearly the entire spice section is empty?  A shortage of a few things I can understand - shipment of cinnamon or pepper or something got delayed and the supply ran out.  But suddenly 80-90% of all spices are sold out? 

Other commodities follow this pattern from time to time.

--- End quote ---

My wife has noticed this, especially with McCormick spices.  It's a seemingly odd issue.  Sure, people are cooking more at home, but the supply for other things has mostly been OK.  Maybe a few hiccups on occasion.  Or a run on Mac & Cheese...which isn't exactly something associated with spices.

--- Quote from: ZLoth on April 13, 2021, 03:31:44 AM ---...A related story shows at least a one year lead time if you want to construct a pool.
--- End quote ---

Yep - there was quite a run last year on pools.  Up my way, one person I know is finally getting a pool installed now...after putting down the deposit on it last April or May.  I've had a pool, and at first with no one allowed in the pool store for water testing and such, you had to have them come out.  They got to some people, but not everyone, and when the stores opened back up for water testing and purchasing it was a fairly big cluster for a while.  I stopped in my local pool store the other day for something unrelated to the pool but I knew they had the product, and talking with them they said there appears to be a lot of people opening their pools early this year.

--- Quote ---Maybe this will lead to a boom in fixing stuff up when it's broken rather than tossing it away and replacing it.

--- End quote ---

With replacement being so easy via the internet, and repair places few and far in between, we'll continue to be a throwaway society.

webny99:

--- Quote from: jeffandnicole on April 13, 2021, 08:59:05 AM ---...  I stopped in my local pool store the other day for something unrelated to the pool but I knew they had the product, and talking with them they said there appears to be a lot of people opening their pools early this year.

--- End quote ---

If anything that has to do with the weather, not the pandemic. Spring appears to be arriving a full month earlier than normal here.

Max Rockatansky:
Weight sets and exercise equipment mostly disappeared during COVID.  It is becoming common again to see parts in stores but they still move relatively fast. 

jeffandnicole:

--- Quote from: webny99 on April 13, 2021, 09:08:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: jeffandnicole on April 13, 2021, 08:59:05 AM ---...  I stopped in my local pool store the other day for something unrelated to the pool but I knew they had the product, and talking with them they said there appears to be a lot of people opening their pools early this year.

--- End quote ---

If anything that has to do with the weather, not the pandemic. Spring appears to be arriving a full month earlier than normal here.

--- End quote ---

The timing of spring seems normal for down here, and no one is swimming in 60 degree weather. Since people are continuing to work from home, they'll rather look out at a nice swimming pool rather than a tarpped piece of plastic, which is accounting for the earlier openings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version