News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Bridge featured in meme

Started by hbelkins, August 05, 2021, 12:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Certainly not intended to get a c0v1d debate started again, but...

Some of you may have seen a meme floating around that's a picture of a bridge with the text, "They just opened this bridge. Guess I'll wait five years to see if it's safe before I use it." (Or similar wording).

Has anyone who's seen that meme figured out which bridge is pictured? I almost want to think it's the US 17 Ravenel Bridge, but I'm not positive.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kphoger

Haven't seen it.  Do you have a link?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hbelkins

No, and a search has proven fruitless. If it floats across my feed again, I'll post a picture of it.

SteveG1988

Quote from: hbelkins on August 05, 2021, 12:55:19 PM

Some of you may have seen a meme floating around that's a picture of a bridge with the text, "They just opened this bridge. Guess I'll wait five years to see if it's safe before I use it." (Or similar wording).

Has anyone who's seen that meme figured out which bridge is pictured? I almost want to think it's the US 17 Ravenel Bridge, but I'm not positive.

I found the cable stay one with "i think i will swim, since the bridge is 99.97% safe" or similar wording
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

hbelkins

Quote from: SteveG1988 on August 07, 2021, 09:55:14 AM
Quote from: hbelkins on August 05, 2021, 12:55:19 PM

I found the cable stay one with "i think i will swim, since the bridge is 99.97% safe" or similar wording

Saw that one, but it's too mountainous to be the Ravenel bridge.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.