2010 MLB Playoffs

Started by mightyace, October 09, 2010, 07:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agentsteel53

Quote from: kurumi on October 21, 2010, 02:44:39 AM
Hey SoCal, climb on up. There's hella room on this bandwagon :-)

hah I'm a Red Sox fan, so of course I am cheering for the Rangers because they are not the Yankees... and for the Phillies because last year they were not the Yankees and they promise not to be that again this year ... and they are of course not the Devil Rays because I still believe said Devil team should end up 66-96 every year and anyone who opposes the natural order of things needs to be smitten down.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

mightyace

Looks like yet another Philadelphia choke on tap.

DANG!  :banghead:  :verymad: :thumbdown: :-(
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

agentsteel53

Quote from: mightyace on October 21, 2010, 01:19:06 PM
Looks like yet another Philadelphia choke on tap.

DANG!  :banghead:  :verymad: :thumbdown: :-(

I blame Halladay.  He gave up hits in game 1, which is very much out of character for him.

jake@aaroads.com

jgb191

Quote from: AlpsROADS on October 20, 2010, 11:29:56 PM
Quote from: jgb191 on October 20, 2010, 12:23:55 AM
The Rangers are just a win away from their first ever World Series and second in (the state of) Texas history.  Let's end this tomorrow, we do not want to go back to Arlington, Texas and face the Yankees in Games 6 or 7, even if the Rangers do have home field.
You should keep on editing it to "The Rangers are just two losses away from their most heartbreaking ever playoff loss."

I won't have to worry about that anymore.  Now on to the World Series!
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

mightyace

^^^

And the Yankees are gone!  (Even if the Phillies still lose the NLCS, misery loves company!)

Alps

Quote from: jgb191 on October 22, 2010, 11:35:55 PM
The Rangers are just a win away from their first ever World Series and second in (the state of) Texas history.  Let's end this tomorrow, we do not want to go back to Arlington, Texas and face the Yankees in Games 6 or 7, even if the Rangers do have home field.
You should keep on editing it to "The Rangers are just two losses away from their most heartbreaking ever playoff loss."

You're right, now it's "just four losses".

bogdown

Quote from: AlpsROADS on October 23, 2010, 12:05:48 PM
Quote from: jgb191 on October 22, 2010, 11:35:55 PM

You're right, now it's "just four losses".
or four wins from the WORLD SERIES TITLE
No, nobody died

jgb191

We don't even know who we're facing and already people are making predictions about the World Series.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Alps

kurumi

Some painted the Series as blue state vs. red state; Google vs. Enron; chardonnay vs. Shiner Bock.

But for me it was I-280 vs. I-820.  (yes, I know, kind of a stretch)

Congrats to the Giants... and to the Rangers, for their first ALDS victory, and their first pennant; and knocking off Tampa Bay and the Yankees to get there.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

mightyace

As a Phillies phan, I definitely don't like it that SF won.  But, I have to hand it to them for what they achieved.  They decimated pitchers that looked unstoppable in their previous series.  (Phillies vs Red, Rangers vs Yankees)

agentsteel53

Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 13, 2010, 11:22:32 AM
okay, explain why the Phillies traded away Cliff Lee?  Roy Halladay was willing to sign with them for below market price, so it's not like they couldn't have afforded both. 

looks like the Phillies got their man.

excellent.

jake@aaroads.com

Michael in Philly

Quote from: agentsteel53 on December 14, 2010, 01:48:42 AM
okay, explain why the Phillies traded away Cliff Lee?  Roy Halladay was willing to sign with them for below market price, so it's not like they couldn't have afforded both.  

excellent.

WHOOHOO!!!!!

Was passing an Inquirer box this morning, saw that red banner across the top of the paper, and gasped audibly.  Which is painful, when it's 20 degrees with a stiff breeze....
RIP Dad 1924-2012.

74/171FAN

Of course as a Braves fan that means it's going to be a long next few years.  But I still think we have a good enough team to win the Wild Card next year.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Alps

Quote from: Michael in Philly on December 14, 2010, 10:43:16 AM
okay, explain why the Phillies traded away Cliff Lee?  Roy Halladay was willing to sign with them for below market price, so it's not like they couldn't have afforded both. 

excellent.

WHOOHOO!!!!!

Was passing an Inquirer box this morning, saw that red banner across the top of the paper, and gasped audibly.  Which is painful, when it's 20 degrees with a stiff breeze....
May Cliff Lee bring you much more pain than that.  Signed, Yankees fan.

Michael in Philly

^^You disappoint me.
And I'm surprised they let you into Massachusetts, saying things like that.
RIP Dad 1924-2012.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: AlpsROADS on December 15, 2010, 07:32:42 PM
Quote from: Michael in Philly on December 14, 2010, 10:43:16 AM

excellent.

WHOOHOO!!!!!

Was passing an Inquirer box this morning, saw that red banner across the top of the paper, and gasped audibly.  Which is painful, when it's 20 degrees with a stiff breeze....
May Cliff Lee bring you much more pain than that.  Signed, Yankees fan.
Sorry someone rejected the Yanquees advances. Looks like it's time to rejunvinate the farm systems for the first time this century.
Otherwise, like the rest of Phillies fans......SUCK IT! :-P
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.