Gauging interest for a Baltimore and central Maryland Meet

Started by tckma, June 03, 2016, 02:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

Quote from: Laura on June 17, 2016, 05:42:40 AM
Quote from: tckma on June 07, 2016, 11:57:55 AM
Quote from: Laura on June 04, 2016, 09:55:15 PM
Oh, and there's some old concrete US 140 bits in and outside Westminster, too, that you could include!!!
iPhone

There's a stub of West Main Street that ends at a guardrail at 140 just after WMC Drive.  I'd love to know the history of that.  Probably from when MD-32 went through downtown Westminster via Main Street.  Double yellow line to what is now a dead end, and the city regularly repaints it.  Curious.

I'm not really sure what kinds of things to include either; I imagine a lot of stuff in the area has already been done at your previous meets.  I keep asking myself "is the fact that what is basically a service road off MD-27 is fully signed as MD-852 interesting enough?  What about MD-800?"

Haha, I was just thinking about MD-852! That's such a strange oddity that is classic SHA right there. I mean, parts of that alignment look more like a driveway than an actual road at this point!

As for West Main Street, yep, old alignment, and the way they cut it off is so bizarre.

Should I just concede and say that I have no chance of ever clinching many MD state highways if there are tons of driveways?   :-D  (I am still disappointed that I did not clinch MD 3 Business back in January on the way back from VA when I thought I had.)
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

tckma

Quote from: vdeane on June 17, 2016, 09:29:28 PM
Do you mean MD 25?  I-83 doesn't have an interchange with MD 45 until near the Pennsylvania border.

Yes, I meant MD 25.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.