News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Random Thoughts

Started by kenarmy, March 29, 2021, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 02, 2023, 11:46:32 AM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on March 02, 2023, 11:17:54 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 02, 2023, 11:14:31 AM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on March 02, 2023, 10:25:21 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on March 01, 2023, 02:14:30 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 28, 2023, 11:09:08 PM
Quote from: SectorZ on February 28, 2023, 05:12:46 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 28, 2023, 12:13:21 PM
Quote from: SkyPesos on February 28, 2023, 11:13:27 AM
Poiponen is the new tolbs17 of this forum.
Then who is MMM the new version of?

Crash_It, because he's going to step in it bad sometime soon and will become a distant memory, just like Lord Carhorn did.

Mr. Barf (his assigned nickname outside the forum) was someone who was "flatly" abhorrent.

Who calls him that, and have they been introduced to his proper title as Lord Carhorn?

A secret cabal, and yes, Lord Carhorn has been introduced, but I guess Barf is shorter.

The man had a knack for picking easily bastardized aliases.

I'm surprised there weren't as many Alanland jokes with his Barf alias.

You really think Barf/Carhorn/Cra_sHit was worthy of Alanland?  Last I checked Alanland isn't flat.

I mean, the fake name he used that was then transformed into Barf... was Alan Barth.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: LilianaUwU on March 04, 2023, 01:04:43 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 02, 2023, 11:46:32 AM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on March 02, 2023, 11:17:54 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 02, 2023, 11:14:31 AM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on March 02, 2023, 10:25:21 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on March 01, 2023, 02:14:30 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 28, 2023, 11:09:08 PM
Quote from: SectorZ on February 28, 2023, 05:12:46 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 28, 2023, 12:13:21 PM
Quote from: SkyPesos on February 28, 2023, 11:13:27 AM
Poiponen is the new tolbs17 of this forum.
Then who is MMM the new version of?

Crash_It, because he's going to step in it bad sometime soon and will become a distant memory, just like Lord Carhorn did.

Mr. Barf (his assigned nickname outside the forum) was someone who was "flatly" abhorrent.

Who calls him that, and have they been introduced to his proper title as Lord Carhorn?

A secret cabal, and yes, Lord Carhorn has been introduced, but I guess Barf is shorter.

The man had a knack for picking easily bastardized aliases.

I'm surprised there weren't as many Alanland jokes with his Barf alias.

You really think Barf/Carhorn/Cra_sHit was worthy of Alanland?  Last I checked Alanland isn't flat.

I mean, the fake name he used that was then transformed into Barf... was Alan Barth.

Right, but why would the nation of Alanland sully itself by allowing the grand champion of flatness to pollute its non-flat prosperity?

Scott5114

Nimbya is flat.

god
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Flint1979

What a difference a county makes. I'm traveling on I-75 southbound right now. I was doing 75 miles an hour with good road conditions in Saginaw county and I swear just as I hit the Genesee county line the road turned to shit.

kurumi

There's a line of thinking that might not be as common now, exemplified in the following:

Granddaughter: I just got a job at a computer company. We're working on a chip that can do 60 billion math problems every second!

Grandfather: that fast, eh? Well, it must not do a very good job!
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 04, 2023, 02:06:07 AM
Nimbya is flat.

god

only because the war that was totally a secret and did not happen, leveled the land flat
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

US 89

What if Barf is Marf?

roadman65

If I travel in Long Island I'm on Triple M's turf.  Scary thought.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

MultiMillionMiler

What if saying I live on Long Island was also a double-bluff? Do I really seem to know that much about Long Island based on my posts (again not admitting to anything but just saying)

Hobart

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 04, 2023, 05:51:43 PM
What if saying I live on Long Island was also a double-bluff? Do I really seem to know that much about Long Island based on my posts (again not admitting to anything but just saying)

No, but you also don't seem to know that much about anything else, either.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

thspfc

I have an above average number of elbows.

MultiMillionMiler

Why are speed laws designed so that drivers always draw the most attention from cops?

Example: Speed Limit 70 mph/What the cop says

Driver Going below 70 mph: "You're impeding traffic, and it's a little suspicious to go below the speed limit on a road like this"

Driver Going above 70 mph: "I got ya for speeding"

Driving Going exactly the speed limit: "Why are you going exactly the speed limit, that's suspicious, what are you hiding, let me search your car"

kkt

What's the matter, get a ticket today?

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: US 89 on March 04, 2023, 05:07:26 PM
What if Barf is Marf?

Marf has certainly made me want to barf.  Perhaps you are onto something?

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: kkt on March 04, 2023, 10:19:04 PM
What's the matter, get a ticket today?

Actually no, and I pushed my luck a little more than usual and went 95 mph on the Long Island Expressway.

Hobart

Quote from: thspfc on March 04, 2023, 07:51:15 PM
I have an above average number of elbows.

If it makes you feel any better, I have an above average number of feet.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Flint1979

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 04, 2023, 08:45:49 PM
Why are speed laws designed so that drivers always draw the most attention from cops?

Driver Going below 70 mph: "You're impeding traffic, and it's a little suspicious to go below the speed limit on a road like this"

Driving Going exactly the speed limit: "Why are you going exactly the speed limit, that's suspicious, what are you hiding, let me search your car"
I have no idea what you are babbling on about but people drive how they are comfortable driving. So what if they aren't going the speed limit? There is no law saying you have to drive the speed limit just that you can't drive over it. People do drive over it and the cops give you leeway.

Flint1979

The Michigan State Police even agree that the speed on the freeways should be 80 mph.

Scott5114

The speed laws are designed just fine. Police coming up with flimsy pretext for a stop (i.e. anything speed-related between the min and max speeds) isn't the Legislature's fault, it's abuse of power.

zachary_amaryllis

I was pulled over in Kansas for this very thing (driving exactly the speed limit). I suspect it was my Colorado plates.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

MultiMillionMiler

I guess my random thought on this comes down to:

I wish they would use common sense and not require you to go exactly the speed limit to avoid tickets for either impeding traffic or speeding, like give you some leeway on each side as long as you aren't driving like an idiot, but unfortunately they don't in the nanny atates.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 05, 2023, 10:58:04 AM

I wish they would use common sense and not require you to go exactly the speed limit to avoid tickets for either impeding traffic or speeding, like give you some leeway on each side as long as you aren't driving like an idiot, but unfortunately they don't in the nanny atates.
They do give you leeway though.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Scott5114

They don't give you leeway because they want an excuse to pull you over. It's not a lack of common sense–they are doing it intentionally.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 05, 2023, 05:31:49 PM

They don't give you leeway because they want an excuse to pull you over. It's not a lack of common sense–they are doing it intentionally.

Exactly. If you go exactly the speed limit and in the right lane, they'll say:

"Why are you trying so hard not to look suspicious..that's suspicious!"

1995hoo

I don't have to worry about that.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.