News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

This is not the forum to talk about child abuse and serious issues like that

Started by Roadgeekteen, March 08, 2023, 03:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 08, 2023, 03:46:10 PM
Quote from: kphoger on March 08, 2023, 03:44:42 PM
But what about the high tariff on putty these days?
Call your local congressman  :pan:

Introduce a bill to the New York State Senate to censor MMM. 

Rothman

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 08, 2023, 03:42:48 PM
Take it somewhere else. It's exausting and distressing.
You don't have to participate in the threads where people mention it.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Rothman on March 08, 2023, 10:02:58 PM
I know. But we have bans on things like political and religious postings for a reason

Big John

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 08, 2023, 08:56:58 PM

Constitution prohibits bills of attainer and provides equal protection under the law, though 1995hoo cis more the expert on the subject.  If mmm was in the senate, it would be easier to censure him.

kalvado

Quote from: Big John on March 08, 2023, 11:03:13 PM

Constitution prohibits bills of attainer and provides equal protection under the law, though 1995hoo cis more the expert on the subject.  If mmm was in the senate, it would be easier to censure him.
Sounds like a plan - lets elect MMM to the office and then censure him!

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Big John on March 08, 2023, 11:03:13 PM

Ah, you see I was aiming for "censoring" MMM.  It might run into some Constitutional issues, but it's worth a shot to hope there is no Federal appeal (given MMM doesn't vote it seems unlikely).

Also, I found MMM IRL:

Scott5114

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 08, 2023, 10:05:34 PM
I know. But we have bans on things like political and religious postings for a reason

The main reason for those bans is because they tend to lead to arguments that don't end. You will never turn a Republican into a Democrat, or a Catholic into a Protestant or a Muslim, by posting on a Web forum. All it does is result in people eventually getting each other mad.

Not everyone like discussing heavy topics, but I sure hope nobody is in favor of child abuse and wants to get people against it worked up about it.  If you don't want to discuss a topic that's too serious, you can choose to not post in or read threads discussing it.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 09, 2023, 12:28:13 AM

The main reason for those bans is because they tend to lead to arguments that don't end. You will never turn a Republican into a Democrat, or a Catholic into a Protestant or a Muslim, by posting on a Web forum. All it does is result in people eventually getting each other mad.

Not everyone like discussing heavy topics, but I sure hope nobody is in favor of child abuse and wants to get people against it worked up about it.  If you don't want to discuss a topic that's too serious, you can choose to not post in or read threads discussing it.
I understand. Although the MMM threads have led into serious arguements about what counts as child abuse. And daylight savings threads have been locked. Of course nobody supports child abuse, but MMM is stretching the definition of it. But I'm not really in favor of putting in more rules, I just want people to know that at least I, and I'm guessing others, don't enjoy talking about these subjects and seeing it on our forum.

Scott5114

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 09, 2023, 01:18:54 AM

I understand. Although the MMM threads have led into serious arguements about what counts as child abuse. And daylight savings threads have been locked. Of course nobody supports child abuse, but MMM is stretching the definition of it. But I'm not really in favor of putting in more rules, I just want people to know that at least I, and I'm guessing others, don't enjoy talking about these subjects and seeing it on our forum.

The main reason for daylight savings threads being locked is because they tend to lead to arguments that don't end.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kalvado

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 09, 2023, 03:25:03 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 09, 2023, 01:18:54 AM

The main reason for daylight savings threads being locked is because they tend to lead to arguments that don't end.
Or, 8f you will, MMM is skillfully throwing new topics into his dumpsters to keep dying fire going.
Biggest nonstop one is "what to do with MMM" actually....

thspfc

roadman65

MMM is gone until he comes up with a new alias and trolls again.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Roadgeekteen

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.