News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Can someone fill me in on what has happened this last few months in my absense?

Started by Roadgeekteen, April 18, 2024, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

I last used the forum consistently months ago, and since then the forum has been down for (weeks?), it looks different now and I'm hearing something about Tulsa copyright. How long was the forum down? Why does it look different?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

JayhawkCO

It was down for a couple of nights here and there while some things needed to be upgraded. One thing was upgraded without upgrading simple machines (the webforum software) which caused issues, so they had to upgrade that as well, which led to only having the default theme at the moment. I think it was down for a total of 6 nights(?).

hotdogPi

These are two different issues. The earlier one is that someone wanted to have no trace of themselves on the forum, and that broke the database. This is the reason for the mojibake. Later, a software upgrade is what caused the theme change; the forum was down due to server overload from a mismatch between SMF and PHP, which necessitated the change.

I'm "1". Immediately after the theme change, people could rename themselves at will, but that was quickly removed. I changed my username to match what I use on every other website.

Because the software was updated, the mobile version functions decently (although it hides a few things).

There is one major bug left: searching a particular thread always gives 0 results.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: hotdogPi on April 18, 2024, 12:06:33 PMThese are two different issues. The earlier one is that someone wanted to have no trace of themselves on the forum, and that broke the database. This is the reason for the mojibake. Later, a software upgrade is what caused the theme change; the forum was down due to server overload from a mismatch between SMF and PHP, which necessitated the change.
I also see that you changed your username... RIP 1
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Big John

Still the 1 - Orleans
or
1 is the Loneliest Number - Three Dog Night

1995hoo

Quote from: Big John on April 18, 2024, 10:12:21 PMStill the 1 - Orleans
or

Arguably "I'm Not the One" by the Cars would be more appropriate, seeing as how he changed his username away from "1."
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: 1995hoo on April 18, 2024, 10:18:20 PM
Quote from: Big John on April 18, 2024, 10:12:21 PMStill the 1 - Orleans
or

Arguably "I'm Not the One" by the Cars would be more appropriate, seeing as how he changed his username away from "1."

Now we'll just sing about pi.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.