News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

TX: SH 121 Reassurance sign on William D Tate in Grapevine

Started by Brian556, August 17, 2012, 02:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

On William D Tate Av in Grapevine, there is a "SOUTH 121" reassurance sign that really shouldn't be there. It is located just south of SH 114. This is the route to SB SH 121 from EB SH 114. Therefore, I say this should be a "TO SH 121^ assembly. The post is new (late 90's-2004), but the signs are very old. It appears that this may be a relic from before the SH 121 freway was fully constructed in this area.

This section of road was originally FM 157. It became SH 121 in 1973 according to Official Texas Highway Maps, but not until 1980 according to the TxDOT Highway Designation Files. TxDOT needs to get their facts straight. Anyway, this road quit being SH 121 when the freeway was completed. I do not know if this section of William D Tate is city or state maintained.

NE2

Quote from: Brian556 on August 17, 2012, 02:31:51 PM
This section of road was originally FM 157. It became SH 121 in 1973 according to Official Texas Highway Maps, but not until 1980 according to the TxDOT Highway Designation Files.
Maybe it was one of those FM roads that were signed as state highways, like several ending at state lines.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

austrini

oooh thats cool

there is a "US 114" sign on SH 114 right by there....
AICP (2012), GISP (2020) | Formerly TX, now UK

Brian556

Quotethere is a "US 114" sign on SH 114 right by there
I have a picture of it. It was a temporary contaractor sign that accidentally got left up. It's not there anymore.

austrini

oh lame, i'm sad about that... it's on google street view for posterity. There are some "US 180" signs at Cockerell Hill and Davis, or there were.
AICP (2012), GISP (2020) | Formerly TX, now UK

us80_gptx

Quote from: jczart on August 25, 2012, 09:33:34 AM
oh lame, i'm sad about that... it's on google street view for posterity. There are some "US 180" signs at Cockerell Hill and Davis, or there were.

They're still there. I pass by them at least once every two weeks.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.