That time in the early 2000s when a lot of foods tasted like soap

Started by bandit957, December 26, 2018, 06:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abefroman329

Quote from: kphoger on December 29, 2018, 07:14:01 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on December 29, 2018, 07:11:48 PM
I did try shave butter once, but it was translucent, so I couldn't tell where I'd already shaved. I'll stick with Barbasol shaving cream for now. I don't like that shaving gel business they started selling about 20 years ago, either.

Hmmm, I hadn't heard of shave butter before.  I wonder if you can cook with it...
You could try...

It's a product that Dollar Shave Club sells and they sent me a free sample. The consistency is like a thin lotion.

Also, I'm old enough now that, when I go clean-shaven, I have to apply a moisturizer after I shave so I don't have dry skin flaking off my face.

kphoger

Quote from: abefroman329 on December 29, 2018, 07:19:46 PM
Dollar Shave Club

Ah, the Dollar Shave Club.  Not my kind of thing.  I switched to more traditional shaving products because I was sick of spending so much money on cartridges and shaving goo.  I use a razor blade six times before putting it in the bin, and I shave roughly once every five days, so that works out to roughly one razor blade every 30 days.  Let's round up quite a bit and also account for the times I use a blade only once (on a trip), and say I use 20 razor blades a year.  I can buy them for about $20 per hundred, so that works out to my buying razor blades once every five years, at an average cost of $4 per year for blades.  A stick or Arko costs about $3 and can easily last me a year.  Long story short:  I have no need of a service that sends stuff to me once a month.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

Quote from: kphoger on December 29, 2018, 07:33:03 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on December 29, 2018, 07:19:46 PM
Dollar Shave Club

Ah, the Dollar Shave Club.  Not my kind of thing.  I switched to more traditional shaving products because I was sick of spending so much money on cartridges and shaving goo.  I use a razor blade six times before putting it in the bin, and I shave roughly once every five days, so that works out to roughly one razor blade every 30 days.  Let's round up quite a bit and also account for the times I use a blade only once (on a trip), and say I use 20 razor blades a year.  I can buy them for about $20 per hundred, so that works out to my buying razor blades once every five years, at an average cost of $4 per year for blades.  A stick or Arko costs about $3 and can easily last me a year.  Long story short:  I have no need of a service that sends stuff to me once a month.
I ended up collecting a bunch and deactivating my account. That had to have been over a year ago. When I have a beard, I only shave once a week. When I'm clean-shaven, ideally three, but usually just two.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

abefroman329

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.