Regional Boards > Mid-South

I-69 in TX

<< < (477/479) > >>

abqtraveler:

--- Quote from: sprjus4 on July 21, 2022, 10:06:03 PM ---I-69 is complete between Kendleton and Rosenberg with 3 lanes and full shoulders in each direction, however is still only signed as US-59.

Additionally, thereís still a 55 mph work zone speed limit all the way up to SH-99, however traffic was easily moving in excess of 75 mph. Itís a pointless limit that needs to be reverted back to 65 mph. Thereís zero work occurring.

--- End quote ---
The signing of the upgraded sections of US-59 as I-69 is not automatic upon completion of construction. Extending the I-69 designation over sections of US-59 that have recently been upgraded to interstate standards has to be signed off by the FHWA, then AASHTO before I-69 sign can go up on those sections.

Thegeet:

--- Quote from: abqtraveler on July 22, 2022, 12:33:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: sprjus4 on July 21, 2022, 10:06:03 PM ---I-69 is complete between Kendleton and Rosenberg with 3 lanes and full shoulders in each direction, however is still only signed as US-59.

Additionally, thereís still a 55 mph work zone speed limit all the way up to SH-99, however traffic was easily moving in excess of 75 mph. Itís a pointless limit that needs to be reverted back to 65 mph. Thereís zero work occurring.

--- End quote ---
The signing of the upgraded sections of US-59 as I-69 is not automatic upon completion of construction. Extending the I-69 designation over sections of US-59 that have recently been upgraded to interstate standards has to be signed off by the FHWA, then AASHTO before I-69 sign can go up on those sections.

--- End quote ---
When do the FHWA and AASHTO meetings for approval take place this year?

abqtraveler:

--- Quote from: Thegeet on July 23, 2022, 02:07:40 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
The AASHTO has two meetings where US and interstate route number applications are considered: the Spring Meeting that is held in May, and the Annual Meeting that's held in October. I haven't seen the route numbering decisions from AASHTO's spring meeting. If someone has those decisions, please post them.

edwaleni:

--- Quote from: abqtraveler on July 24, 2022, 09:06:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Thegeet on July 23, 2022, 02:07:40 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
The AASHTO has two meetings where US and interstate route number applications are considered: the Spring Meeting that is held in May, and the Annual Meeting that's held in October. I haven't seen the route numbering decisions from AASHTO's spring meeting. If someone has those decisions, please post them.

--- End quote ---

The last route change approvals are posted here:

https://route.transportation.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/50/2022/02/Final-Report-USRN-Application-Results-Fall-2021.pdf

As you can see there is significant delay between the meeting time and the posting time with a 4 month gap between them.

TheBox:
U.S. 77 Odem area planning study from April
https://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/projects/studies/corpus-christi/030422.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version