News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

'That's Incredible!'

Started by bandit957, June 19, 2020, 06:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Anyone else remember this TV show? It was a big hit on ABC in the early '80s. It featured amazing stunts, people overcoming a disability, incredible new inventions, domino topplings, haunted buildings, and more!

I remember a segment about an old man who traveled the entire length of Interstate 5 without even stopping. He had a toilet in his RV, and he said, "When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

There was also a story about a man who was in an accident and was left in a coma, and used a Speak & Spell to communicate.

I also remember a story about a dog who could sing soap opera themes, but that might have been on 'Real People'. I think 'Real People' also had the segment about the TV Brick.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

US71

I remember the name, but little else.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: bandit957 on June 19, 2020, 06:17:45 PM

I remember a segment about an old man who traveled the entire length of Interstate 5 without even stopping. He had a toilet in his RV, and he said, "When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

How did he go pee? Did he leave the wheel to use the toilet?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

US71

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on June 19, 2020, 07:30:21 PM

Empty soda bottle?

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: US71 on June 19, 2020, 07:32:34 PM

Empty soda bottle?
It says that he had a "toilet" in his RV. Wouldn't call a soda bottle a "toilet".
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

webny99

Maybe he was on the toilet the whole way.

SEWIGuy

Staring Fran Tarkenton, John Davidson and Cathy Lee Crosby.

Big John

There was a similar show during those years on NBC called Real People (Real meaning no celebrities.)

SEWIGuy

Quote from: Big John on June 19, 2020, 09:18:50 PM
There was a similar show during those years on NBC called Real People (Real meaning no celebrities.)

Skip Stephenson

bandit957

'Real People' had a spinoff called 'Real Kids'. All I remember is that they had a segment about bubble gum.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: webny99 on June 19, 2020, 07:43:13 PM
Maybe he was on the toilet the whole way.

Didn't Cadillac do that once with some sort of endurance stunt they pulled off in the mid-20th Century?  If I recall correctly GM even thought about making the car toilet an option on luxury cars afterwards? 

dlsterner

Maybe the driver's seat was replaced by a toilet?  Watch out for speed bumps!

Thinking about a family car with all seats replaced by toilets!  Great for family vacations!  One for Dad, one for Mom, one for Junior, one for Sis!  Hell no, we don't need to stop - we're driving straight through!

(sorry ... I guess I need to get back on my meds now)

ErmineNotyours

I visited the Winchester House in San Jose because it was featured on the show.  The "mysteries" posed by the show were easily explained by the tour guide.  Were all the semi-finished rooms built to ward off the ghosts of gun violence?  No, the widow didn't hire a professional architect and tried to plan everything herself.  Why were there long winding short steps rising up only a few feet?  She was old and couldn't lift her feet very high.

Mr. Matté

And then CBS carbon copied it with "That's My Line" starring Bob Barker.

Also known as "F*** this Guy!":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CASghTzNhc

GaryV

IIRC there were enough things on the show that the name should have evolved to "That's Inedible".

Jim

I definitely watched both "That's Incredible!" and "Real People".  I'm about 75% confident that either my 7th or 8th grade band played the "That's Incredible!" theme song for one of our concerts.
Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

DandyDan

It used to be on right before Monday Night Football. The first time Tiger Woods was ever on TV was on That's Incredible
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

US71

Quote from: Mr. Matté on June 20, 2020, 07:50:18 AM

John Daly must have rolled over in his grave.

Mr. Matté

Quote from: US71 on June 22, 2020, 05:32:37 PM

John Daly must have rolled over in his grave.

Considering John Daly was still alive at the time and both shows were Goodson(-Todman) productions, I doubt anyone cared.

Scott5114

Also known as "F*** this Guy!":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CASghTzNhc

I think that's the most awkward and uncomfortable I've ever seen Bob Barker act, and he was no stranger to awkward moments on The Price Is Right.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.