News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

How Best to Share a Google Earth Compressed Map?

Started by Grzrd, December 04, 2013, 07:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grzrd

Mississippi DOT recently emailed me a map of a proposed new terrain routing of Corridor V in NE Mississippi that is superimposed on Google Earth imagery.  What would be the simplest way for me to create a link to the map (it is a .kmz extension) that would allow others to enjoy full functionality (i.e. zoom in and out, change the angle, etc.)?

Earlier today, I tried to use Sketchfab, but I was unable to upload the file to Sketchfab.  FWIW the Support team at Sketchfab (purportedly the company CEO) could not upload it, either (it may be a corrupted file even though I enjoy full functionality on my PC).

I suspect that, over time, I may run across more maps in this format that would be worth sharing; I don't think that this a one-off question.

Any suggestions are welcome.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.