Comcast NBCUniversal announces a fourth theme park in Orange County (Orlando)

Started by kevinb1994, August 01, 2019, 11:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman

Further proof that entertainment is the next big bubble about to burst.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Max Rockatansky

All the time I lived in Orlando I never set foot in a single theme park.  The city is surprisingly somewhat quaint once you get away from all the tourist stuff.

jakeroot

Love it. Love all the theme parks in Orlando. I love the roads too (although the drivers...jesus), but the theme parks are nothing like anything around where I live.

I grew up going to Disneyland quite a few times every year, so I'm naturally attached to theme parks (no matter who builds them).

Universal Studios is a really cool theme park. The Wizarding World is incredibly impressive. Something tells me they won't be screwing around with this expansion. Or at least I hope they're not, since they've been hitting it out of the park lately.

Quote from: roadman on August 01, 2019, 02:59:51 PM

Theme parks are usually pretty reliable. Most lulls are the result of poor location or unusual events (gas shortage, 9/11).

thspfc

I was just in Orlando in February, and boy is that place EXPLODING.
In fact, we should create a thread called Orlando Explosion.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jakeroot on August 02, 2019, 03:13:04 AM
Love it. Love all the theme parks in Orlando. I love the roads too (although the drivers...jesus), but the theme parks are nothing like anything around where I live.

I grew up going to Disneyland quite a few times every year, so I'm naturally attached to theme parks (no matter who builds them).

Universal Studios is a really cool theme park. The Wizarding World is incredibly impressive. Something tells me they won't be screwing around with this expansion. Or at least I hope they're not, since they've been hitting it out of the park lately.

Quote from: roadman on August 01, 2019, 02:59:51 PM

Theme parks are usually pretty reliable. Most lulls are the result of poor location or unusual events (gas shortage, 9/11).

Now you got me curious what happened on the roads in Orlando?  My speculative guess says it either involves I-4 or Orange Blossom Trail.  :-D

hotdogPi

Quote from: thspfc on August 02, 2019, 08:12:43 AM

Ever look down at Orlando, and wonder what it would look like if it suddenly exploded then and there? What would you do?
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

jakeroot

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 02, 2019, 07:44:13 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on August 02, 2019, 03:13:04 AM
I love the roads too (although the drivers...jesus)

Now you got me curious what happened on the roads in Orlando?  My speculative guess says it either involves I-4 or Orange Blossom Trail.  :-D

Florida's Turnpike. I've never seen such reckless behavior. The worst was the appalling lane discipline. Make's Washington State drivers look like Germans!

Max Rockatansky

^^^^

Yes, the Turnpike is a piece of misery south of Orlando.  You'll basically get steam rolled if you aren't going at least 85 MPH until about FL 70.  My preference for heading to Miami was usually either US 441 or US 27, both are far more scenic and take about the same time on either side of Lake Okeechobee. 

Quote from: 1 on August 03, 2019, 01:52:41 PM
Quote from: thspfc on August 02, 2019, 08:12:43 AM

Ever look down at Orlando, and wonder what it would look like if it suddenly exploded then and there? What would you do?

Actually it was my job to wonder that exact same thing and how to respond to it.  I barely had left before the Orlando Nightclub incident, that ended up being a hell of a curve ball for emergency management in the metro area. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.