News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Flickr photos not showing up

Started by SoDakInterstateEnthusiast, May 05, 2020, 11:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoDakInterstateEnthusiast

Here is an example:

It's invisible here, but if you press quote you can see that a perfectly reasonable image url is shown here. This now happens anytime I attempt to BBCode embed any photo. Hopefully you all can figure out what's up...
"Please like, comment, and share on MySpace, not your space, you freak of nature"

hotdogPi

Copying and pasting the URL into the address bar returns file not found, so it's not the fault of this forum. (It could still be Flickr's fault.)
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

kphoger

I replied in the other thread.

It appears you grabbed the URL before changing the privacy settings, which means the URL is no longer valid.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Quote from: kphoger on May 05, 2020, 12:33:32 PM

It appears you grabbed the URL before changing the privacy settings, which means the URL is no longer valid.

Dang it. I really don't want those made public on Flickr.

Also, I switched my SD-45 drawing picture back to private after I posted it, and it still shows up. Why are these 3 specifically not showing up?
"Please like, comment, and share on MySpace, not your space, you freak of nature"

kphoger

Quote from: SoDakInterstateEnthusiast on May 05, 2020, 12:42:54 PM

Also, I switched my SD-45 drawing picture back to private after I posted it, and it still shows up. Why are these 3 specifically not showing up?

You don't have to set them to public.  You just have to use the new URL that was generated after you changed the privacy settings.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Quote from: kphoger on May 05, 2020, 12:49:58 PM
Quote from: SoDakInterstateEnthusiast on May 05, 2020, 12:42:54 PM

You don't have to set them to public.  You just have to use the new URL that was generated after you changed the privacy settings.

Except that when I press the share button when it is private, I only get options for "email" and "share". When I press the share button when it is public, I then also get the option for BBCode. As a result, I temporarily turned it public, got the BBCode deal, posted it, then turned it private again.

EDIT: also I didn't see your post on the other thread until just now, and the steps seem a lot clearer there, however, the issue still remains: Flickr doesn't let me use BBCode if it's set to private.

ozarkman417

The image I have above is private, though I found a way to bypass it. Click 'embed' then "Embed photo with guestpass" and it will give you a line of code. Paste the code, and within that code is the valid URL. Remove all the code EXCEPT the valid url.

kphoger

I don't know what the problem is.  Here's what I see on a private picture of my own.

Viewing privacy = Private

About to click the "Share Photo" icon

"Embed" or "BBCode" options show up just fine
Male pronouns, please.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.