News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Highway Cookies and foods

Started by Max Rockatansky, October 09, 2021, 04:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Over my past birthday my Wife had a baker make some custom highway oriented cookies made to resemble signs in my garage.  I've never seen any highway oriented cookies (or food in general) previously so I was curious if there are any other highway oriented food examples out there?

IMG_1176 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

IMG_1177 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

IMG_1178 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

IMG_1179 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

IMG_1180 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

This one was based off a photo I took from Cadiz Summit:

IMG_1184 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

Scott5114

That got me thinking, I wonder how hard it would be to make a cookie cutter in the shape of an Interstate or US Route shield...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

TheHighwayMan3561

When I was a kid we'd get the Twin Cities freeway map with semi-authentic looking shields drawn on my birthday cakes. Unfortunately I don't have easy access to the photo proof, but it was an annual tradition.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

ozarkman417

From Dairy King, an official* stop on Route 66, in Commerce, OK:

*This restaurant is included in the Oklahoma Tourism & Recreation Department's Route 66 Oklahoma Passport. You can get said passport stamped at this location.

bassoon1986

Quote from: Scott5114 on October 09, 2021, 04:41:55 PM
That got me thinking, I wonder how hard it would be to make a cookie cutter in the shape of an Interstate or US Route shield...

Apparently you can! depending on what state you are from there are US shields like these!!

iPhone

hbelkins

Route 11 Potato Chips are a thing in Virginia.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

abefroman329

Supposedly there's a drink called a Jersey Turnpike where the bartender wrings out the bar rag into a shot glass. It's not something you would order, but if you're being a jerk, then the bartender may say "Would you like a Jersey Turnpike on the house?"  with a smile on their face and then make the drink when you're not looking.

kevinb1994

Quote from: abefroman329 on October 10, 2021, 08:24:49 PM
Supposedly there's a drink called a Jersey Turnpike where the bartender wrings out the bar rag into a shot glass. It's not something you would order, but if you're being a jerk, then the bartender may say "Would you like a Jersey Turnpike on the house?"  with a smile on their face and then make the drink when you're not looking.
I would hope that one orders it in the Wee Wee Hours.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.