News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Google Maps team terrible drivers?

Started by Lyon Wonder, May 17, 2012, 11:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyon Wonder

pianocello

According to GSV, I-70 not only runs on a surface street in Breezewood, but it also runs straight through a gas pump.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

txstateends

The ones that stop in the middle of a street or freeway to gas up or get something to eat are kind of jarring (if not amusing).  I found one not too long ago off a side street on the west side of Amarillo that apparently likes to stay at a Comfort Inn  :-D  http://g.co/maps/pc45h
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

kphoger

More amusing to me are where the car apparently pulls off onto the shoulder, but the GMSV keeps going.  He obviously wasn't turning around, so why pull off?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

vdeane

Quote from: pianocello on May 18, 2012, 08:55:31 PM
According to GSV, I-70 not only runs on a surface street in Breezewood, but it also runs straight through a gas pump.
One more reason not to use Google Maps: they patronize Breezewood!
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Scott5114

Quote from: txstateends on May 19, 2012, 03:37:09 AM
The ones that stop in the middle of a street or freeway to gas up or get something to eat are kind of jarring (if not amusing).  I found one not too long ago off a side street on the west side of Amarillo that apparently likes to stay at a Comfort Inn  :-D  http://g.co/maps/pc45h

When I worked at Burger King, I was wasting time on one of my days off and looking at the store in GMSV...only to find that the car had entered our parking lot! That was kind of neat.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Crazy Volvo Guy

Quote from: deanej on May 19, 2012, 11:53:28 AMOne more reason not to use Google Maps: they patronize Breezewood!

I patronized Breezewood last time I went through there.  U MAD BRO!?
I hate Clearview, because it looks like a cheap Chinese ripoff.

I'm for the Red Sox and whoever's playing against the Yankees.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

roadman65

Some images take you through a gas station I see as you go down the road and you are now off the road.   
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Special K

These are people who presumably couldn't get another job.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.