News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

New YouTube Design

Started by MVHighways, December 06, 2012, 06:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MVHighways

I am so annoyed at YouTube for doing this...they want me to like it, they think everyone goes to YT for this. I mean, this is a bad move YT! Hopefully whenever I go to YT I don't get opened up to RECOMMENDATIONS. I really do NOT need it. I guess my plan to do some roadgeekery in Providence is GONE...maybe...I refuse to deal with this new design. What do all of you guys roadgeeks think?

This snapshot is on my weather account:

Mr. Matté

I really hate it when the Google/Youtube monkeys constantly changes the layout of everything, just as I finally get used to the previous awful change they made. However, at least for a temporary solution, you can delete all your Youtube cookies to get the old layout back. I don't know how long this will last for, but at least it's working for me for the past minute. Deleting cookies now doesn't work and the Ctrl+Shift+K and paste some code in that people have posted elsewhere doesn't work anymore either.

formulanone

Frankly, I'm getting more and more annoyed by websites claiming to have a better idea of what I like than I do. I understand there's a need to pay the bills via advertisers, but just because something is both popular and completely unrelated doesn't mean I'm interested.

NE2

Still blocked and not blocked in Alanland...

PS: why would you go to the main page in the first place?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

MVHighways

Quote from: formulanone on December 06, 2012, 08:02:19 PM
Frankly, I'm getting more and more annoyed by websites claiming to have a better idea of what I like than I do. I understand there's a need to pay the bills via advertisers, but just because something is both popular and completely unrelated doesn't mean I'm interested.
I agree. I hate how they want you to watch that $#!t that you're not interested in just because a zillion people like it!

Duke87

Meh. So long as the search bar is still up top, what I need is where I need it. Everything else is irrelevant.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Billy F 1988

I used to like YouTube. I mean, regardless of the design changes, I don't care about it anymore. YouTube just doesn't care about what to change and they don't let people input their thoughts on what changes should be done. All YouTube does is make pointless changes. It's like they say "Okay, thanks for liking this layout, now try this, and, oh, by the way, you have no say on what we are changing and have no say on how the layout should be." Oh really? Um, yeah. Thanks to Google's multi-million dollar tyranical geeks that run what I like to call $#itTube, we can't tell YouTube how to do the layout, we can't tell YouTube to get rid of the noobs that ruin every facet of the damn thing because they'd just say "No, take care of it yourselves!" or something to that effect. We can't do anything. We can't even tell YouTube to move the stupid banner strips out from the bottom of video screen to the bottom of the seek bar. YouTube, guys, is pretty much a WYSIWYG site, in other words, what you see on YouTube is what you get. Nothing more, nothing less.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

bugo

Facebook keeps changing things willy-nilly (and usually for the worse.) They act like they're trying to piss everybody off.  There will eventually be something that comes along and replaces it and it will die off just like Myspace.

Billy F 1988

Quote from: bugo on December 06, 2012, 11:27:04 PM
Facebook keeps changing things willy-nilly (and usually for the worse.) They act like they're trying to piss everybody off.  There will eventually be something that comes along and replaces it and it will die off just like Myspace.

Funny thing about Facebook constantly changing stuff is that I actually don't see them be changed like YouTube. Dailymotion is slowly about to expire. Same with Skype because of a potential merge with Windows Messenger.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Scott5114

And what about that airline food? It's so awful! Amirite guys?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

NE2

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 07, 2012, 12:47:33 AM
I love the jumbo popcorn shrimp they serve on Delta.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Brandon

What airline food?  The snack packs?  Those are actually pretty good.  It's airport food that sucks from time to time.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Special K

What's the deal with socks?  You put a load in the laundry and when you take them out, none of those f*ckers match!  And the what's the deal with that lint screen?  I mean, where does all that lint come from?  I think it's just a buch of shredded up socks.

formulanone

Quote from: NE2 on December 07, 2012, 04:06:33 AM
I love the jumbo popcorn shrimp they serve on Delta.

It's all great with enough drinks.

I suppose like everything else, we'll just get used to the changes. What stunned me was the fact I've apparently watched just over one thousand videos.

agentsteel53

Quote from: NE2 on December 06, 2012, 08:40:12 PM

PS: why would you go to the main page in the first place?

indeed.

the only thing I use on the main page is the search bar, and there it is.

also, nice huge-intrusive T-Mobil ad in that screen capture.  damn glad I have an ad blocker!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Sanctimoniously

Quote from: agentsteel53 on December 07, 2012, 09:26:38 AM

also, nice huge-intrusive T-Mobil ad in that screen capture.  damn glad I have an ad blocker!

QFT.

(QFT=quoted for truth.)
Quote from: Scott5114 on December 22, 2013, 06:27:29 AM
[tt]wow                 very cringe
        such clearview          must photo
much clinch      so misalign         wow[/tt]

See it. Live it. Love it. Verdana.

J N Winkler

In regards to YouTube, it is only very recently (after a cable modem and router upgrade in early July 2012) that I have had access to a connection with latency low enough to allow YouTube videos to be played over the Internet without pause.  Instead, I have long been in the habit of downloading YouTube videos for local playback in VLC, which is possible with some download managers and command-line downloading utilities which can access the streaming URL and save the data to a file on disk.  Therefore I have no real awareness of the YouTube Web interface at all.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

vdeane

I never see the main page; I just search from Chrome and bookmarked the favorites page.  The new design has some nice features, but did they have to make it look like Windows 8?  Yuck.  Way to make your interface look like it was designed in the 1970s, guys!
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

mgk920

Quote from: Special K on December 07, 2012, 08:27:32 AM

What's the deal with socks?  You put a load in the laundry and when you take them out, none of those f*ckers match!  And the what's the deal with that lint screen?  I mean, where does all that lint come from?  I think it's just a buch of shredded up socks.

That's why you just buy all of your socks of the same design.

:nod:

BTW, I just gained a wash rag in my most recent trip to the laundry.

:D

Mike

Henry

It's been a while since I checked Youtube for new roadgeek videos, but based on what I'm hearing, it's a change for the worse. I will be the judge of that, though.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

bugo

Quote from: mgk920 on December 07, 2012, 12:16:06 PM

That's actually not a half bad idea.  Most of my socks are of 2 different designs.

BTW, I just gained a wash rag in my most recent trip to the laundry.

Throw it away.  You never know where it's been or what microbes might be living in it.

kphoger

Quote from: bugo on December 07, 2012, 12:41:01 PM
Quote from: mgk920 on December 07, 2012, 12:16:06 PM

That's actually not a half bad idea.  Most of my socks are of 2 different designs.

Sock sorter.
(No, I don't have one.)
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

vdeane

Why on Earth do we have a discussion on socks in the YouTube thread?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: Billy F 1988 on December 06, 2012, 11:33:06 PM

Funny thing about Facebook constantly changing stuff is that I actually don't see them be changed like YouTube. Dailymotion is slowly about to expire. Same with Skype because of a potential merge with Windows Messenger.

I'm surprised to learn that about Dailymotion. I spotted a French article where Dailymotion will associate with Sony Music for the diffusion of videos http://www.itrgames.com/articles/136750/sony-music-entertainment-france-dailymotion-signent-diffusion-contenus-videos.html

Mdcastle

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but there's no longer an option to sort search results by date?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.