Regional Boards > Northwest

North Spokane Corridor - US 395 in Spokane, WA

<< < (17/25) > >>

The Ghostbuster:
So that would leave making N. Newport Hwy., N./S. Division St., N. Ruby St., and N./S. Browne St. unnumbered local streets maintained by the city.

oscar:

--- Quote from: Bruce on April 25, 2023, 05:13:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: usends on April 25, 2023, 04:13:47 PM ---Obviously they're currently referring to this road as "Future 395", but I came to this thread trying to find out whether it will carry US 2 as well.  Once the connection to I-90 is complete, I can't imagine they would continue directing US 2 traffic down Division.  If Division needs to remain on the state highway system, then wouldn't WSDOT just designate it Business 2/395?  Or maybe give it an SR number?

--- End quote ---

WSDOT does not maintain business routes for Interstates or US routes....

--- End quote ---

Washington supposedly has five Interstate (but no US) business routes. Are those routes locally maintained?

Bruce:

--- Quote from: oscar on April 25, 2023, 05:36:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bruce on April 25, 2023, 05:13:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: usends on April 25, 2023, 04:13:47 PM ---Obviously they're currently referring to this road as "Future 395", but I came to this thread trying to find out whether it will carry US 2 as well.  Once the connection to I-90 is complete, I can't imagine they would continue directing US 2 traffic down Division.  If Division needs to remain on the state highway system, then wouldn't WSDOT just designate it Business 2/395?  Or maybe give it an SR number?

--- End quote ---

WSDOT does not maintain business routes for Interstates or US routes....

--- End quote ---

Washington supposedly has five Interstate (but no US) business routes. Are those routes locally maintained?

--- End quote ---

They are all locally maintained and signed, which is why their standards vary a bit. WSDOT does not acknowledge them at all in the state highway logs or other inventories. There are also a few business routes for state highways that are not in the logs, but do get mentioned in random spots (e.g. this project plan for SR 3).

It's why I don't really bother to keep track of them; researching their history is really difficult due to how poorly documented they are.

jakeroot:
With that in mind, who is responsible for the I-5 Business Loop in Seattle?

As far as I know, it's just the C/D lanes, which would still be WSDOT maintenance.

Algorithm:
How on earth would C/D lanes qualify as a business loop, that's worse than Sacramento :crazy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version