News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Vacation drive Central OH to Destin area

Started by Crowbar, June 07, 2023, 12:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crowbar

Heading out early next Saturday morning on vacation.  Trying to avoid traffic as much as possible (duh), and every year we end up in traffic in Nashville and between Birmingham/Montgomery (which is usually a parking lot).  Any thoughts of driving to Atlanta (actually around the west belt), heading toward Columbus, then taking US431/231 down to I-10?  It's about 40 miles longer and I know that it takes you through towns like Eufaula, Dothan, and Chipley, but if traffic isn't bad then it certainly will be worthwhile.  I know that route is the main route from the Atlanta area down toward the PCB/Destin stretch, so my main concern is how heavy traffic is on a Saturday afternoon on 431/231 from Columbus down toward I-10.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.