News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AB43X opens

Started by yakra, September 22, 2019, 02:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakra

https://www.mygrandeprairienow.com/61640/highway-43x-bypass-officially-opens-to-traffic/

The article includes a photo of a suffixless AB43 shield on the bypass:

A photo taken at the roundabout facing east (Michael Lumsden MyGrandePrairieNow.com staff)

No big surprise on that, with the 'X' suffix often denoting a planned realignment.

TBD, for TravelMapping: what happens to the old alignment thru town
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

dmuzika

Quote from: yakra on September 22, 2019, 02:10:25 PM
https://www.mygrandeprairienow.com/61640/highway-43x-bypass-officially-opens-to-traffic/

The article includes a photo of a suffixless AB43 shield on the bypass:

A photo taken at the roundabout facing east (Michael Lumsden MyGrandePrairieNow.com staff)

No big surprise on that, with the 'X' suffix often denoting a planned realignment.

TBD, for TravelMapping: what happens to the old alignment thru town

I'm wondering if Hwy 43 will officially be moved to the Hwy 43X alignment now that it's complete? It took a decade for Hwy 16 to replace Hwy 16X west of Edmonton, but on opening day Hwy 2 followed the Deerfoot Tr extension south of Calgary, with the bypassed Macleod Tr section becoming Hwy 2A. The old alignment could easily become Hwy 43A, or simply downloaded to the city.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.