News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Camera keep track of all cars entering Pensacola Beach

Started by Alex, April 12, 2012, 11:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Caught on Camera-Florida Car Tags

I instantly thought of the Medina story/thread when I watched this story. The cameras record every license plate that passes beyond the Bob Sikes Bridge toll plaza, but for now they only run data on Florida-based tags. The one person interviewed quipped "...why they think that someone would run from the law would want come to an island".

agentsteel53

alas, I think that is compatible with the Fourth Amendment.  Since you're on public land, it's not like people can't already look at your license plate... but the mass-scale automatization is unnerving to me anyway.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Kacie Jane

Agreed on both counts.  I doubt the founding fathers had the technology of 2+ centuries later in mind when they were not-defining "reasonable search".

Alps

Big Brother should not be constitutionally able to be Watching.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.