News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Colorado 12 Bridge Collapse

Started by The High Plains Traveler, May 25, 2012, 06:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The High Plains Traveler

Crews are readying a temporary detour on Colorado 12 west of Trinidad after pieces fell from the Purgatoire River bridge late Wednesday and the road was closed. (Pueblo Chieftain)

This event was partial collapse of a 1925-vintage bridge along CO-12 west of Trinidad. I kind of wonder if this was accelerated by the M5.3 earthquake that struck southern Colorado last August, which had its epicenter not far from here. With not a lot of local roads in the area, it will be interesting to see what kind of detour can be used.

Link includes photo and link to digital edition with full story

http://www.chieftain.com/news/region/crews-working-to-reopen-colorado/article_b55f3f4e-a629-11e1-808f-0019bb2963f4.html

"Tongue-tied and twisted; just an earth-bound misfit, I."

corco

Oh no- I was actually planning on driving that in two weeks. I'll get pictures if possible. If not I guess I'll be going to Walsenburg.

Milepost61

That picture doesn't quite jive with the "two-foot section" CDOT talked about falling off. Looks like the contractor had removed the north portion of the bridge for the replacement project and part of the temporary patchback on that side fell off.

The detour opened yesterday so the closure has ended.

corco

I was hoping that by passing through at 8 PM I would be there after workers and get some pictures, but alas there were still workers there and nowhere to really get out of the car to take pictures without being yelled at, but they're definitely working on it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.