News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Vigilante Trail

Started by Billy F 1988, December 31, 2012, 02:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy F 1988

Courtesy of the AARoads.com shield gallery Montana section

If anyone is able, I am seeking some information about the Vigilante Trail, where it started and ended and a map of the approximate route.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

The High Plains Traveler

Quote from: NE2 on December 31, 2012, 02:36:53 AM
http://mtstandard.com/special-section/local/rediscovering-the-old-vigilante-trail/article_ffe764c3-a139-505d-bbf8-260a2db295e7.html
From this link:
QuoteIn 1924 a new highway, dedicated by President Harding, was built crossing the continental divide at Pipestone Pass.

I would love to see pictures of that dedication, since Warren Harding died in 1923.
"Tongue-tied and twisted; just an earth-bound misfit, I."

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Billy F 1988

Looks like the Vigilante Trail predates US 10S/Montana 2, 41 and 287 if you can trace the approximate routing. I think it started along US 10S then traversed to Virginia City. If you head down modern day Montana 2, travel east, make a right at MT 41, follow it down to MT 287 to Virginia City, you get a pretty good idea of the travel path of the Vigilante Trail.

That could be the original path, though I can't be certain.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.