UPDATED: Avatars - Size Limit changes

Started by SSOWorld, December 30, 2009, 12:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSOWorld

The size limits have been changed for avatars.

However, this only applies to avatars that are uploaded to the AARoads server.  The new size restriction is width: 150px, height: 80px.

For avatars that are hosted elsewhere and linked to the forums, the size limit remains 65x65.  This is because if we increase the size - the forum software will resize it - meaning that if a 50x50 image is linked is stretched to 65x65 or if a 65x80 image is linked, it is distorted by the shrinking of the width.  If we turned off the auto-sizing, very large images will show in their full size and cause unnecessary stretching of forum posts.  Therefore, at this time - we will not be changing the size limits for externally linked avatars.

Users are more than welcome to upload their avatars to the AARoads server.  Please keep avatars within the size limit.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.