News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

AHTD Withdraws Projects from Bid Opening Due to Uncertainty of HTF

Started by AHTD, May 11, 2015, 04:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHTD

The Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department announced it has withdrawn nine construction projects with an estimated construction value of $120 million from the Agency's upcoming June 9th bid opening due to continuing uncertainty of Federal-aid reimbursements available from the Federal Highway Trust Fund.

This action brings the total number of projects withdrawn from bid openings in Arkansas this year to 70, with an estimated construction value of $282 million.

More here: http://www.arkansashighways.com/news/2015/NR%2015-119.pdf

Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

galador

Looks 27 projects have been reinstated for an October bid. Here's a list of the projects, according to the Arkansas Business article:

CountyRouteProject Name
Boone-Main St./Rush Ave. Signal Rehab. (Harrison)
ClayCR 53Piggott-West Drainage Strs. Replacement
Cleburne25Hwy. 25 Spur-Locust Grove (Passing Lanes)
Crawford162Hwy. 162 Improvements (Alma)
Crittenden147Hwy. 131-North
Cross284Branch of Caney Creek Str. & Apprs.
Faulkner40Conway South Interchange-Hwy. 365 (Base & Surf.)
Faulkner65B & 286I-40-Thomas G. Wilson Dr. (Conway)
Fulton63Gut Creek Str. & Apprs.
Grant291Moore's Slough Tributary Str. & Apprs.
Independence167CR 80 (Antioch Road)-South City Limits Cave City
Lee131Ditch at L.M. 1.85 Str. & Apprs.
Little River32 & 32YHwy. 32/Hwy. 32Y Signal (Ashdown)
Mississippi18Hwy. 18 Improvements (Manila)
MontgomeryCR 34Mazarn Creek Str. & Apprs.
Phillips44Bee Bayou Str. & Apprs.
Pope7Dover-North (Passing Lanes)
Pope7Newton Co. Line-South (Passing Lane) (Ph. II)
Pulaski10 & 430I-430/Hwy. 10 Interchange Impvt. (L.R.)
Pulaski30 & 430I-30/I-430 Interchange Impvt. (L.R.) (Ph. II)
Searcy74 & 377Gourd & Granny Creek Strs. & Apprs.
Stone66South Sylamore Creek-East (Passing Lane)
Union167El Dorado-Hwy. 335
Washington16Middle Fork White River Str. & Apprs. (Fayetteville)
Washington112Razorback Rd.-Garland Ave. (Hwy. 112) (Fayetteville)
YellVariousHwy. 7-West
VariousVariousShoulder Rumble Strips/Stripes (Sel. Secs.) (Dists. 1, 5, 6, 10)

Wayward Memphian

Fine mess you made on Ark 16 between Fayetteville and Elkins. The new light at Stone Bridge backs up traffic farther than before and since the 4 lane only begins at the lightn, that is once Sweetser stops taking it's sweet ass time to do it, does little to fix that. I live just past the widened bridge and it is quicker for me at 7 am to immediately turn back off 16 an go through.the golf course and use the new light than actually.staying on 16. I'm not the only one to figure it out, so you are funneling more into residential. Brilliance at work at the AHDT.  To widen a road to 4 lanes and rebuild a bridge to 4 lanes at the same time and not widen the 3/4ths of a mile between the two is the definition of stupidity and that defines the AHTD.

Another thing is the stupid short light at Razorback/MLK for left hand turns each way. It only gives a green arrow long enough for three cars when there's about 10 at each light. At least two vehicles run it every single time.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.